2006 A4 Cab Rear top roof cover closing slowly????

Phil_Cool

Reaction score
Can anyone help?

Three times this past weekend I've gone to open the roof, windows drop, roof opens, top cover raises normally, roof goes back as it should but then top cover lowers slowly as if its not under hydraulic pressure but falling under its own weight, it gets to about 3" from closing and the cycle stops.

On two occasions I've released the roof button momentarily and tried again and it's worked, the roof top cover locks, however on one occasion it didn't and I had to reset the roof by closing manually.

anyone else had this problem? All comments appreciated! Cheers!

Sounds like the brushes in the motor. I've have the same problem with mine. Haven't got round to cleaning the motor yet so the rear panel is still out in the boot and a rubber mallet is used when it sticks!

Can anyone help?

Three times this past weekend I've gone to open the roof, windows drop, roof opens, top cover raises normally, roof goes back as it should but then top cover lowers slowly as if its not under hydraulic pressure but falling under its own weight, it gets to about 3" from closing and the cycle stops.

On two occasions I've released the roof button momentarily and tried again and it's worked, the roof top cover locks, however on one occasion it didn't and I had to reset the roof by closing manually.

anyone else had this problem? All comments appreciated! Cheers!

Have you got your roof issue resolved yet? Let me know if you need any support