Tiptronic problem

leedov

Reaction score
A4 3.0 quattro 78,000 miles

2005 tiptronic transmission problem.

No reverse gear. car stuck in limp mode.

Car been in garage today. Fault codes thrown up do not indicate any specific problem. Worst fear is that it is the module within the gearbox.

The fluid level is fine. Has anyone heard of a similar problem? Will a fluid change help matters? Any advice would be great.

Last edited:
did they connect to gearbox ECU? they can check if the solenoids are working or not, Did it say intermittent signal?
What did they use to check the codes with?

PRND not flashing but all lit up a solid line.

Bosch diagnostic through the obd i think

I have recently had dsg problems on my 3.2v6 a3 and the fault code I got is-

17085 - Transm. Control Module Range/Performance (SAE) or Control Module Defective (VAG)
P0701 - 004 - No Signal/Communication - Intermittent

I got the dsg serviced and I thought everything was ok until it jumped out of gear and the dis prnds started flashing.

Put the car in neutral and turned the car off then restarted it and the dis was not flashing and I could select the gears again but sometimes only for a short period of time and then other times it will not do it again for the rest of the day.

I posted in a thread about this earlier today there is a company within that thread that can rework your gearbox ecu.
Company
http://www.ecutesting.com/

Thread
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-...mechatronic-issues-any-ideas.html#post1838132

Also calibrating the gearbox with vcds or dealer is a must before condemning.

Well since getting the dsg serviced it has only jumped out of gear once so hopefully that's my problem sorted. Going to go back to the Indy and find out about getting the dsg reset. Just hope that's me sorted but no doubt I have spoke to soon.

Car is now in Eurotronic in Rosyth...............so fingers crossed. Everyone i speak to says it could be gearbox module. I don't know how
much how much of a repair that is. But it will be sore i'm sure