Sky InsuranceAH Fabrications
    3rd Gear

Status

HELP killed my interior lights

Was investigating an intermittent map light fault. And now none of my interior lights work. However the switches still glow red with the headlights. I removed and unplugged the whole light unit and now none of them come on. Have tried checking the connection. Assume I may have blown a fuse. The bulbs looked fine. Which one do I need to be looking at and where is it please (novice alert!)

Thanks for any help in advance!
    Dolphin Grey 2005 3.2fsi Quattro 6-speed manual A4 Avant S-line, Two tone Leather, Pipercross panel filter, Genuine RS6 style 18" Alloys, Cupra R Lip, Piranha Grooved and dimpled Brakes, Eibach 30mm springs, B5 Front Cups, Rs4 RARB, HEL Braided Brake Hoses, Engine covers, Rs4 Grill, Rs4 style fog grills, Lamin-x'd head, fog and tail lights, Adaptive Xenons, Q5 rear wiper, S4 spring clips, Heated Passat Washer jets, DIS and cruise control

Now have genuine VCDS in North Norfolk

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Hi rizzini7. You may have blown a fuse. If you pull off the end panel on the dash on the drivers side you will see the fuse panel..You need to replace the convenience fuse which is labelled on the panel cover. Hope this helps you out..

3rd Gear

Status
    Think I checked that one, but will try again and maybe swap it just in case. Think it was number 24. Anyone know if the rear lights still work if the front one is disconnected. Just to rule out a wire fault

Cheers
    Dolphin Grey 2005 3.2fsi Quattro 6-speed manual A4 Avant S-line, Two tone Leather, Pipercross panel filter, Genuine RS6 style 18" Alloys, Cupra R Lip, Piranha Grooved and dimpled Brakes, Eibach 30mm springs, B5 Front Cups, Rs4 RARB, HEL Braided Brake Hoses, Engine covers, Rs4 Grill, Rs4 style fog grills, Lamin-x'd head, fog and tail lights, Adaptive Xenons, Q5 rear wiper, S4 spring clips, Heated Passat Washer jets, DIS and cruise control

1st Gear

Status
    The rear lights are on the same circuit as the fronts.
    I had a problem with my interior lights recently and had to replace the main switch which controls the map lights aswell

1st Gear

Status
    If you have removed the interior light and unplugged it then you may have plugged the cable in upside down, I did this and for weeks was trying to sort the problem, then I found out the cable was in upside down!!!
    Audi A4 Cabriolet 2.5TDI 163 Sport
    Full Interior Lighting Pack - Puddle Lights, Footwell Lights, Door Markers, Handle Ambient Lights, Air Vent Illumination, Armrest Illumination, Roof Ambient Lights. Auto Dim Rear View Mirror, Cruise Control, Full DIS, Genuine 6 Disc CD Changer in Glovebox, RNSE, Remote Windows, Parrot Bluetooth, Storage Pack, Full Leather, Heated Mirrors.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by VagCabby View Post
    If you have removed the interior light and unplugged it then you may have plugged the cable in upside down, I did this and for weeks was trying to sort the problem, then I found out the cable was in upside down!!!
    Did the red glow on the switches still come on?

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by lukey baby View Post
    The rear lights are on the same circuit as the fronts.
    I had a problem with my interior lights recently and had to replace the main switch which controls the map lights aswell
    So if I messed something with the connector on the front the rear wouldn't work.
    Whereabouts is the main switch mate? Cheers

2nd Gear

Status
    i blew the int lights fuse when changeing to led

3rd Gear

Status
    Was it number 24 mate, can't work out which I should be looking at. Don't want to go pulling the wrong one out

2nd Gear

Status
    mine is an a3 mate but it told you on the inside of the cover what the fuse was for

1st Gear

Status
    The main switch is the one that controls the front lights ( turns on off or when door is open), i removed the switch fron the unit and could see that the switch had burnt out.

Yes if you have f***ed up the switch like mine the rears won't work but the boot, vanity mirrors and puddle lights etc still worked the red lights on the switches still illuminated

I went to TPS to see about getting a new switch but you can only buy a whole new unit for about £80 so sourced a second hand one from a B6 which resolved the issue.

Hope that helps

Luke

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by lukey baby View Post
    The main switch is the one that controls the front lights ( turns on off or when door is open), i removed the switch fron the unit and could see that the switch had burnt out.

Yes if you have f***ed up the switch like mine the rears won't work but the boot, vanity mirrors and puddle lights etc still worked the red lights on the switches still illuminated

I went to TPS to see about getting a new switch but you can only buy a whole new unit for about £80 so sourced a second hand one from a B6 which resolved the issue.

Hope that helps

Luke
    We talking new front light unit or control unit? (Central convenience ecu) which I assume is in passenger footwell somewhere?? Thank for the help

DWH
    Reverse Gear

Status
    I realise this is quite an old thread and meant for B7 cars but I have a similar problem. When I bought my car, (2003 A4 Cabriolet) the nearside red door warning light didn't work but everything else did. Check the bulb by swapping it with the offside light and bulb was fine.
    After changing the front and rear footwell bulbs to LED, the front passenger doesn't work with LED or normal and the offside red door warning light has packed up too. Checked with a multimeter and no voltage at these bulb holders
    So only the drivers footwell and both rears are now working so fuse no. 2 is fine. Any ideas what has happened and how to correct.
    Thanks
    David

3rd Gear

Status
    Hi mate, I just changed a couple of the fuses and it was alive again. They didn't even look blown, hence the confusion in the first place. Sorry cant remember the numbers but were obviously interior lighting ones (central convenience)