Help finding cheap new and/or second hand parts after accident

gloved_hand

Reaction score
Hello all

I am new to this forum and this is my first post so apologies in advance for any rookie mistakes.

I recently had an accident in the snow where my brakes gave out on my 2005 Audi A4 2.0 TDI SE and I crashed into another car. The insurance company have declared the car a category D write-off which means that although the cost to repair the car is less than the pre-accident value, it is still too high for them to undertake. I am therefore buying the car back off the insurers with the money from the settlement and will arrange for a private mechanic to fix the car. I want to repair the car to as high a standard as possible whilst still maintaining a reasonable budget.

I would like some advice about sourcing the various car parts that I will require which are listed below:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE
==================

NEW

F/No.plate
F/bumper assembly
F/Bumper cover
F/Bumper mldg.
F/Bumper brackets
Grille
Air conditioning radiator
Radiator
Radiator cowl
Fan blade
Fan motor
F/panel
Bonnet
N/S/F/Headlamp
Drive Belt
Timing Belt
Coolant
Lower Air Guide
Pump Pulley
Servo Pump

I've had a look online and I can buy most if not all of these parts fairly inexpensively if I am willing to buy second-hand (between £20-£100 depending on the part.) However does anybody know of anywhere where I would be able to get some/all of these parts cheaply and in new or near new condition? If not, does anyone know any dealers or sites whose used parts can be relied upon as being of high quality? Finally are there any parts listed where it is really worth spending the extra money to buy new?
Thanks in advance for your help

Find some breaking a hole car, either an engine write off or with rear end damage

source most of that 2nd hand, but i'd factor in 2 matching headlights are a new and old one will be obvious

Hello all

I am new to this forum and this is my first post so apologies in advance for any rookie mistakes.

I recently had an accident in the snow where my brakes gave out on my 2005 Audi A4 2.0 TDI SE and I crashed into another car. The insurance company have declared the car a category D write-off which means that although the cost to repair the car is less than the pre-accident value, it is still too high for them to undertake. I am therefore buying the car back off the insurers with the money from the settlement and will arrange for a private mechanic to fix the car. I want to repair the car to as high a standard as possible whilst still maintaining a reasonable budget.

I would like some advice about sourcing the various car parts that I will require which are listed below:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE
==================

NEW

F/No.plate
F/bumper assembly
F/Bumper cover
F/Bumper mldg.
F/Bumper brackets
Grille
Air conditioning radiator
Radiator
Radiator cowl
Fan blade
Fan motor
F/panel
Bonnet
N/S/F/Headlamp
Drive Belt
Timing Belt
Coolant
Lower Air Guide
Pump Pulley
Servo Pump

I've had a look online and I can buy most if not all of these parts fairly inexpensively if I am willing to buy second-hand (between £20-£100 depending on the part.) However does anybody know of anywhere where I would be able to get some/all of these parts cheaply and in new or near new condition? If not, does anyone know any dealers or sites whose used parts can be relied upon as being of high quality? Finally are there any parts listed where it is really worth spending the extra money to buy new?
Thanks in advance for your help

Go on ebay and search for "breaking Audi A4" and you should be able to find a number of people breaking complete cars. Send them your list of parts and see what they want ££££, good luck , should be a simple task .................