JMB RetrofitsAH Fabrications
    Reverse Gear

Status

Help finding cheap new and/or second hand parts after accident

Hello all

I am new to this forum and this is my first post so apologies in advance for any rookie mistakes.

I recently had an accident in the snow where my brakes gave out on my 2005 Audi A4 2.0 TDI SE and I crashed into another car. The insurance company have declared the car a category D write-off which means that although the cost to repair the car is less than the pre-accident value, it is still too high for them to undertake. I am therefore buying the car back off the insurers with the money from the settlement and will arrange for a private mechanic to fix the car. I want to repair the car to as high a standard as possible whilst still maintaining a reasonable budget.

I would like some advice about sourcing the various car parts that I will require which are listed below:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE
    ==================

NEW

F/No.plate
    F/bumper assembly
    F/Bumper cover
    F/Bumper mldg.
    F/Bumper brackets
    Grille
    Air conditioning radiator
    Radiator
    Radiator cowl
    Fan blade
    Fan motor
    F/panel
    Bonnet
    N/S/F/Headlamp
    Drive Belt
    Timing Belt
    Coolant
    Lower Air Guide
    Pump Pulley
    Servo Pump

I've had a look online and I can buy most if not all of these parts fairly inexpensively if I am willing to buy second-hand (between £20-£100 depending on the part.) However does anybody know of anywhere where I would be able to get some/all of these parts cheaply and in new or near new condition? If not, does anyone know any dealers or sites whose used parts can be relied upon as being of high quality? Finally are there any parts listed where it is really worth spending the extra money to buy new?
    Thanks in advance for your help

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Find some breaking a hole car, either an engine write off or with rear end damage

4th Gear

Status
    Sanburn autos Coventry are a big vw Audi breakers. Try them
    Imola Yellow A4 DTM. Retro fit cruise and arm rest.
    Contact Admin to advertise please

5th Gear

Status
    source most of that 2nd hand, but i'd factor in 2 matching headlights are a new and old one will be obvious
    VCDS in North Wales
    2007 A6 3.0TDi S-Line Le Mans Avant , adaptive xenon lights, sunroof, privacy glass, towbar, led rears & randomly rear seat airbags
    1999 Honda S2000 , mcb low milage jap import, fully bushed, mugen exhaust <<< for sale! <<<
    2001 Passat TDi 130 Sport < sold!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/Ste_Nova/Passat/PB140007s.jpg

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by gloved_hand View Post
    Hello all

I am new to this forum and this is my first post so apologies in advance for any rookie mistakes.

I recently had an accident in the snow where my brakes gave out on my 2005 Audi A4 2.0 TDI SE and I crashed into another car. The insurance company have declared the car a category D write-off which means that although the cost to repair the car is less than the pre-accident value, it is still too high for them to undertake. I am therefore buying the car back off the insurers with the money from the settlement and will arrange for a private mechanic to fix the car. I want to repair the car to as high a standard as possible whilst still maintaining a reasonable budget.

I would like some advice about sourcing the various car parts that I will require which are listed below:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE
    ==================

NEW

F/No.plate
    F/bumper assembly
    F/Bumper cover
    F/Bumper mldg.
    F/Bumper brackets
    Grille
    Air conditioning radiator
    Radiator
    Radiator cowl
    Fan blade
    Fan motor
    F/panel
    Bonnet
    N/S/F/Headlamp
    Drive Belt
    Timing Belt
    Coolant
    Lower Air Guide
    Pump Pulley
    Servo Pump

I've had a look online and I can buy most if not all of these parts fairly inexpensively if I am willing to buy second-hand (between £20-£100 depending on the part.) However does anybody know of anywhere where I would be able to get some/all of these parts cheaply and in new or near new condition? If not, does anyone know any dealers or sites whose used parts can be relied upon as being of high quality? Finally are there any parts listed where it is really worth spending the extra money to buy new?
    Thanks in advance for your help
    Go on ebay and search for "breaking Audi A4" and you should be able to find a number of people breaking complete cars. Send them your list of parts and see what they want ££££, good luck , should be a simple task .................