Wiper Blade Sizes

Andy27168

Reaction score
Hi,
I wanted to buy some new aero wipers for my A4 B7 Cab today and there seems to be a discrepency with the sizes, the shops application book says both are 22" but I have a 22" passenger blade and a 23" drivers, can anyone tell me what I,m supposed to have it would be really appreciated.

Sorry can't help you on the size but recommend that you go for Audi OEM made by Valeo I think at all times. All the others brands I have tried eg: Bosch etc squeek like mad across the screen and you may end up purchasing OEM anyway in the long run. Good luck in qualifying your size am sure someone will confirm shortly.

Cheers
A

The OEM sizes you have been quoted are correct. Maybe the previous owner adjusted the sizes before you aquired the car. I do this and I have upped the size of each by 1" to get the biggest clearance possible. I've done tis for yeas with all my cars but I only do it at the point when the blades need replacing, no need to waste cash but when that point comes around there is no extra cost for a little better vision.

Manufacturers usually leave a gap so an extra 1" can be squeezed in.

Cheers for the comments guys, I take onboard regarding using the Valeo ones, though the ones I am buying are the Aero type the make I have used on my AMG which I have found to be be far superior even to the Merc OEM items.

stick with Bosch blades, still the best and I've tried them all over the years. Bosch use the best quality rubber compound for super smooth operation and squeak free.

Personally I wouldn't fit any other manufacturer other than Bosch.

stick with Bosch blades, still the best and I've tried them all over the years. Bosch use the best quality rubber compound for super smooth operation and squeak free.

Personally I wouldn't fit any other manufacturer other than Bosch.

Well, maybe I must have something strange going on with my windscreen then, because I fitted new, genuine bosch blades and the noise and screech from them were unbelievably bad. I switched to OEM Audi blades and they were silent in operation. Maybe it only affects the Avant windscreen, however, I have read other forum members who experienced the same issues.

Cheers
A

Hi,
I always used Bosch on my Mercs, then thought I would try the Aero type, as I was finding the Bosch Blades noisy, and the difference was very marked a vast improvement, quiter, smoother, and quicker.
I have since used Bosch Aero, and a few weeks ago I bought a BlueCol aero blade for my AMG, and noticed a vast imporovement over the Bosch Aero, so with this in mind I bought a pair of BlueCol blades for the Audi, I decided on 2x 22"Blades in the end.
Noz, I had already tried Euros, put my reg plate in and it came up with three sets (pairs) and again confusion as they were giving the option of either 22" x 2 and 22" & 23".

Well, maybe I must have something strange going on with my windscreen then, because I fitted new, genuine bosch blades and the noise and screech from them were unbelievably bad. I switched to OEM Audi blades and they were silent in operation. Maybe it only affects the Avant windscreen, however, I have read other forum members who experienced the same issues.

Apologies for the thread revivial, thought it was better than starting a new one.

I have an S4 Avant that I bought 3 weeks ago. The first time I used the windscreen wipers they juddered horribly so ordered some new Valeo blades. I have now fitted these but the right hand blade is still juddering, although better than it was before. Left one is fine. Has anyone else had a similar problem? Thanks in advance.

Have to agree with earlier post - go for tthe OEM Audi blades. I have always used Bosch in the past but their aero blades squeaked like crazy on my A4 Cab - didn't matter how much water on screen they were awful.

Needless to say I went back to using original Audi blades......soooooooo quiet. Nice.

I've brand new set of genuine Audi a4 b7 blades 22" x 2 here if anyone needs them. On hols for two weeks but can post for £25 all in once I get back.