Chris NottMonster Motorsport
    1st Gear

Status

Wiper Blade Sizes

Hi,
    I wanted to buy some new aero wipers for my A4 B7 Cab today and there seems to be a discrepency with the sizes, the shops application book says both are 22" but I have a 22" passenger blade and a 23" drivers, can anyone tell me what I,m supposed to have it would be really appreciated.

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Sorry can't help you on the size but recommend that you go for Audi OEM made by Valeo I think at all times. All the others brands I have tried eg: Bosch etc squeek like mad across the screen and you may end up purchasing OEM anyway in the long run. Good luck in qualifying your size am sure someone will confirm shortly.

Cheers
    A

1st Gear

Status
    They're both 22" on a cab.
    Audi A4 (B7) 2.0TDi S-Line Avant Quattro - Steve Edition in Lava Grey
    BBS Wheels|arm rest|ambipur|345mm S4 brakes|PiperX panel filter|cupra R splitter|Greenstuff Pads|Retrofit Cruise control/DIS|Retrofit Audi Phone|Dension iPod|

Full VCDS equipped for the Moray area

2nd Gear

Status
    The OEM sizes you have been quoted are correct. Maybe the previous owner adjusted the sizes before you aquired the car. I do this and I have upped the size of each by 1" to get the biggest clearance possible. I've done tis for yeas with all my cars but I only do it at the point when the blades need replacing, no need to waste cash but when that point comes around there is no extra cost for a little better vision.

Manufacturers usually leave a gap so an extra 1" can be squeezed in.

Audi S4 quattro in Dolphin Grey Metallic, Silver leather, carbon inlays, RNS-E, 6 speed manual, electrically adjustable & heated seats, xenon headlights with power wash, cruise control, storage pack, 18" OEM RS4 wheels, RS4 ARB, LED lighting upgrade, FASH plus every bill since new.

1st Gear

Status
    Cheers for the comments guys, I take onboard regarding using the Valeo ones, though the ones I am buying are the Aero type the make I have used on my AMG which I have found to be be far superior even to the Merc OEM items.

NOZ
    1st Gear

Status
    here is a great plave for wipers enter your reg and details and BOOM ! enjoy

Universal Flat Blades

2nd Gear

Status
    stick with Bosch blades, still the best and I've tried them all over the years. Bosch use the best quality rubber compound for super smooth operation and squeak free.

Personally I wouldn't fit any other manufacturer other than Bosch.

Audi S4 quattro in Dolphin Grey Metallic, Silver leather, carbon inlays, RNS-E, 6 speed manual, electrically adjustable & heated seats, xenon headlights with power wash, cruise control, storage pack, 18" OEM RS4 wheels, RS4 ARB, LED lighting upgrade, FASH plus every bill since new.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffDunk View Post
    stick with Bosch blades, still the best and I've tried them all over the years. Bosch use the best quality rubber compound for super smooth operation and squeak free.

Personally I wouldn't fit any other manufacturer other than Bosch.
    Well, maybe I must have something strange going on with my windscreen then, because I fitted new, genuine bosch blades and the noise and screech from them were unbelievably bad. I switched to OEM Audi blades and they were silent in operation. Maybe it only affects the Avant windscreen, however, I have read other forum members who experienced the same issues.

Cheers
    A

1st Gear

Status
    Hi,
    I always used Bosch on my Mercs, then thought I would try the Aero type, as I was finding the Bosch Blades noisy, and the difference was very marked a vast improvement, quiter, smoother, and quicker.
    I have since used Bosch Aero, and a few weeks ago I bought a BlueCol aero blade for my AMG, and noticed a vast imporovement over the Bosch Aero, so with this in mind I bought a pair of BlueCol blades for the Audi, I decided on 2x 22"Blades in the end.
    Noz, I had already tried Euros, put my reg plate in and it came up with three sets (pairs) and again confusion as they were giving the option of either 22" x 2 and 22" & 23".