EM TuningAH Fabrications
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By adcooper

Thread: Audi A4 Sline leather seats to S4 Recaros

Audi A4 Avant 1.8T 190 S-Line its good to be back

Status

Audi A4 Sline leather seats to S4 Recaros

Hi all

I have come back to Audi ownership after having an S3 and A4 190 Quattro I now have a B7 A4 avant Quattro 170 sline se.*

I am very happy with it but eBay fever has bitten again and I have brought some B7 S4 Recaros which are heated and electric which my original are not :-(. My originals are sline leather ones with just electric lumber adjustments.

From searches and other helpful members I have changed the 10amp fuse under the steering column with a 30amp and both seats now have power. My question is every search and person I have spoken with have said that there is a fuse for the passenger seat located in the right kick panel. I have had most of the carpet and panels out and can not find this fuse? Has anyone else had this?*

I also disconnected the battery 30min before and reconnected the seats but the airbag light is now on. From some searches people have said the light comes on but once cleared it is then corrected? Is this something others have experienced?*

I will be tackling the heating part once the new climate and wiring arrives and was going to do a bit of a write up as I took a few pics but not sure if this will be beneficial to others due to the age the B7is now.*

Many thanks Adam*
    2004 Audi A4 Avant, 1.8T 190 bhp, S-Line, Altlas Gray, Michelin Pilot Sport 2's, Phatnoise in the glove box, crome mirrors, cruise control, MIJ Performace 3 1/2" Exhaust and a detachable towbar!!

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    Thought it was rude not to add some pics of my pride and joy

Original seats

Recaros*

A4_MaJiK likes this.
    2004 Audi A4 Avant, 1.8T 190 bhp, S-Line, Altlas Gray, Michelin Pilot Sport 2's, Phatnoise in the glove box, crome mirrors, cruise control, MIJ Performace 3 1/2" Exhaust and a detachable towbar!!

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    That looks luscious.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs.

5th Gear

Status
    Your'e not being rude....just Sadistic!.....Is that was s in the S line is for?!! Seats and your new baby look fab Matey! Nice one.

Cheers
    MM

2nd Gear

Status
    Shame, I cant see the pics for soem reason :-(

Audi S4 quattro in Dolphin Grey Metallic, Silver leather, carbon inlays, RNS-E, 6 speed manual, electrically adjustable & heated seats, xenon headlights with power wash, cruise control, storage pack, 18" OEM RS4 wheels, RS4 ARB, LED lighting upgrade, FASH plus every bill since new.

1st Gear

Status
    them seats look great

are you selling the s-line seats? sent you a pm

6th Gear

Status
    Car looks great fella, loving the seats
    A4 B8 (09) 2.0 TFSI (211)

Black Gloss RS4 style mesh grille, Black Gloss fog grilles, Black Gloss splitter trim, Ice White fogs, Tints, Black A8 boot rings, Black Badges, Dynamik boot spoiler.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Awesome seats. I've got the suede and leather Recaros' on my DTM. So comfortable on the 800mile journey from Germany to home!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by gas-man View Post
    them seats look great

are you selling the s-line seats? sent you a pm
    Yes I will be, I have replied to your PM.

Thank you all for the comments looking forwards to tring to sort the heated part out and the passenger seat as I think it looks a bit worn! It is looking better thou after a clean and feed.

Further to the first post airbag light has been cleared and not returned so all looking good
    Last edited by adcooper; 4th April 2013 at 21:41.

Neutral

Status
    Very, very nice! I thought the original seats looked great but the upgrade looks even better!
    Follow my progress during the renovation of a 1930s bungalow. Will be kitted with multi-room audio and video throughout.

http://buildmybungalow.blogspot.co.uk/

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Check the seat wiring for load in use with a meter, the wiring is only rated to 10amp or just above, sticking a 30 amp fuse in a 10amp position when wiring isn't catered for, is inherently dangerous, so be advised of the pitfalls.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Status
    Hi all I have now managed to get the seats heated and all wired in, just a question what panels in the seat would be heated???

The upper back rests on mine don't seem to get warm at all, it was a custom loom so want to make sure that all the pins that should have power in the green block have power.

Many Thanks Adam

Neutral

Status
    quick question out of curiosity , I have a cloth interior and always wanted leather. How much would it cost for all the seats ? Not too worried about door cards. Quite like the S Line leather myself from your pics.

Status
    Hi mate sold the sline leather from the car 42k for £450 got the S4 ones for £800 both sets are mint just need to know what part of the Recaros should be heated!

Neutral

Status
    £450 for all the seats front and back. That's a lot cheaper than I expected.

Looks like I have a new contender for top of the to do list.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by adcooper View Post
    Hi mate sold the sline leather from the car 42k for £450 got the S4 ones for £800 both sets are mint just need to know what part of the Recaros should be heated!
    Not sure about upper back mate, mine just does the bum and lumber areas...

goose
    Current:
    '06 Phantom Black Pearl Audi B7 S4 - Milltek non res|BMC Panel|034 25mm RARB|SuperPro poly bushes|Apikol poly Snub|H&R Springs|H&R 10mm rear spacers|LCR Splitter|R8 caps|JCap|RS4 Pedals|EBC D/G disks & yellow pads|HEL brake lines|White sides/DRLs|De-tango'd
    '72 Sunburst Yellow VW Karmann Ghia Coupe - 1641cc|Engle 110 Cam|Weber 34 Carb|dropped spindles|Porsche 911 black leather interior

5th Gear

Status
    Bum and Lumbar bit on mine....and they are the hottest I have ever owned too, which is lurvely!..( standard option here, naturally)

Cheers
    Allan