Eibach Springs arrived

Mac, out of interest, on fitting is there a nut holding the centre shaft of the shock to the top mount or is it attached another way? Only reason I ask is I think there maybe another way of fitting springs without removing the top control arms and that annoying pinch bolt. Car sits very well on those springs and that wheel combination!

Mac, out of interest, on fitting is there a nut holding the centre shaft of the shock to the top mount or is it attached another way? Only reason I ask is I think there maybe another way of fitting springs without removing the top control arms and that annoying pinch bolt. Car sits very well on those springs and that wheel combination!

Hi Steve, here's a pic of the top nut that was removed

The more i look the more it seems to be the same hight....i have even put them pics together on photoshop.

I will be measuring mine before and after in the workshop i think.....

Like you say, Hopefully it will settle a little more

Can be done without removing the pinch bolt but it's a bit fiddly. Raise the car and support it then jack up the wishbone to compress the spring. I couldn't get my spring compressors in to hold the spring so used several lengths of binding wire to hold the spring under tension then let the wishbone back down, just make sure the spring is securely bound down. Then it's just a case of removing the bottom and upper bolts and that lets you remove the whole lot at once without touching the pinch bolts. Sounds easy but it's still a fight tbh, I found it easier and quicker to remove the pinch bolts.

Looks great tho Mac, big improvement. My H&Rs dropped a wee bit over the couple of weeks after fitting.

Agree

Looks spot on mate......Getting mine on this week i hope.

B7_Fur......everywhere i have read it says the Eibachs IMPROVE the ride comfort as the OEM set up on S-Lines is very crashy........

Here is a view H&R once settled with 18's on 19's going on soon

Reactions: Macdoon
looks loads better mate , now get some 15mm spacers on the rear and fill those arches :thumbsup:

as for the pinch bolts when i fitted mine i removed the two rear bolts that attach the upper arms to the strut top and left the pinch bolts intact a bit fiddly but reduces the risk of the bolt snapping or the upright breaking as in this post .

regards dav

looks loads better mate , now get some 15mm spacers on the rear and fill those arches :thumbsup:

as for the pinch bolts when i fitted mine i removed the two rear bolts that attach the upper arms to the strut top and left the pinch bolts intact a bit fiddly but reduces the risk of the bolt snapping or the upright breaking as in this post .

regards dav

Looking good MAC, can't wait to get mine lowered now!

As for the method you mentioned Dav, aren't these said bolts quite tricky to get at and undo? I may just go about this method when fitting mine.

Thanks, Az.

Can be done without removing the pinch bolt but it's a bit fiddly. Raise the car and support it then jack up the wishbone to compress the spring. I couldn't get my spring compressors in to hold the spring so used several lengths of binding wire to hold the spring under tension then let the wishbone back down, just make sure the spring is securely bound down. Then it's just a case of removing the bottom and upper bolts and that lets you remove the whole lot at once without touching the pinch bolts. Sounds easy but it's still a fight tbh, I found it easier and quicker to remove the pinch bolts.

My spring compressors are compact and will easily get in either side of the spring. I think if i do ever adjust or modify the suspension in anyway, this is how I will get the shocks out. The Audi A4 haynes manual does explain a lot of it, but personally i'd have done it all another way. Advantage of being an ex mechanic ;)

Looking good MAC, can't wait to get mine lowered now!

As for the method you mentioned Dav, aren't these said bolts quite tricky to get at and undo? I may just go about this method when fitting mine.

Thanks, Az.

yes mate they are a bit tricky but not too difficult .

regards dav

Thanks mate, the offset is currently et35 so realistically how far out can I go without rubbing front and back

I don't think you can go anymore than 3mm spacer if you're et35 at the mo. I tried et30 on the rear of mine with an 8.5j 19" wheel 235/35 tyres and had light scubbing over speed bumps. Now I'm et32 on the front and 38 of the rear and have no scrubbing.

Are you sure you're definately et35? Once its settled you'll get a better idea what if any spacers it'll need.

Just remembered I was et32 on the rear with my 18" S4s with 225 tyres and had no scrubbing.