AH FabricationsVolks Autos
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Eibach Springs arrived

1st Gear

Status
    Mac, out of interest, on fitting is there a nut holding the centre shaft of the shock to the top mount or is it attached another way? Only reason I ask is I think there maybe another way of fitting springs without removing the top control arms and that annoying pinch bolt. Car sits very well on those springs and that wheel combination!
    Audi A4 (B7) 2.0TDi S-Line Avant Quattro - Steve Edition in Lava Grey
    BBS Wheels|arm rest|ambipur|345mm S4 brakes|PiperX panel filter|cupra R splitter|Greenstuff Pads|Retrofit Cruise control/DIS|Retrofit Audi Phone|Dension iPod|

Full VCDS equipped for the Moray area

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve220 View Post
    Mac, out of interest, on fitting is there a nut holding the centre shaft of the shock to the top mount or is it attached another way? Only reason I ask is I think there maybe another way of fitting springs without removing the top control arms and that annoying pinch bolt. Car sits very well on those springs and that wheel combination!
    Hi Steve, here's a pic of the top nut that was removed
    A4 B8 (09) 2.0 TFSI (211)

Black Gloss RS4 style mesh grille, Black Gloss fog grilles, Black Gloss splitter trim, Ice White fogs, Tints, Black A8 boot rings, Black Badges, Dynamik boot spoiler, LED interior, LED number plate lights, Brushed steel vinyl wrapped interior.

2nd Gear

Status
    The more i look the more it seems to be the same hight....i have even put them pics together on photoshop.

I will be measuring mine before and after in the workshop i think.....

Like you say, Hopefully it will settle a little more
    2007 Audi A4 B7 S-Line Avant 170 TDi Special "Black" Edition
    Genuine 19" x 9 Bentley GTC 5 Spokes
    Full Interior LED Light upgrade
    Ambiant "Submarine" Interior lighting
    Seat Leon Cupra R Splitter
    LED rear NumberPlate Upgrade
    Headlight, Fog Light and Side Light White Light Upgrades
    Eibach SportLine Springs 50/40
    Privacy Glass

2nd Gear

Status
    Are you rims 18's or 19's.........
    2007 Audi A4 B7 S-Line Avant 170 TDi Special "Black" Edition
    Genuine 19" x 9 Bentley GTC 5 Spokes
    Full Interior LED Light upgrade
    Ambiant "Submarine" Interior lighting
    Seat Leon Cupra R Splitter
    LED rear NumberPlate Upgrade
    Headlight, Fog Light and Side Light White Light Upgrades
    Eibach SportLine Springs 50/40
    Privacy Glass

1st Gear

Status
    Looks sweet mate

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve220 View Post
    Can be done without removing the pinch bolt but it's a bit fiddly. Raise the car and support it then jack up the wishbone to compress the spring. I couldn't get my spring compressors in to hold the spring so used several lengths of binding wire to hold the spring under tension then let the wishbone back down, just make sure the spring is securely bound down. Then it's just a case of removing the bottom and upper bolts and that lets you remove the whole lot at once without touching the pinch bolts. Sounds easy but it's still a fight tbh, I found it easier and quicker to remove the pinch bolts.

Looks great tho Mac, big improvement. My H&Rs dropped a wee bit over the couple of weeks after fitting.

4th Gear

Status
    Agree

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffy View Post
    Looks spot on mate......Getting mine on this week i hope.

B7_Fur......everywhere i have read it says the Eibachs IMPROVE the ride comfort as the OEM set up on S-Lines is very crashy........
    Torque the Torque

4th Gear

Status
    Great Work mac - looks much better....yes it will settle and sit a bit lower after a few hundred miles etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Macdoon View Post
    I thought that too, hoping they may drop a bit more
    Torque the Torque

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by V6 Quatt View Post
    Great Work mac - looks much better....yes it will settle and sit a bit lower after a few hundred miles etc.
    great news, now to sort out the next mod lol

Black Gloss RS4 style mesh grille, Black Gloss fog grilles, Black Gloss splitter trim, Ice White fogs, Tints, Black A8 boot rings, Black Badges, Dynamik boot spoiler, LED interior, LED number plate lights, Brushed steel vinyl wrapped interior.

4th Gear

Status
    Here is a view H&R once settled with 18's on 19's going on soon
    Macdoon likes this.
    Torque the Torque

1st Gear

Status
    looks loads better mate , now get some 15mm spacers on the rear and fill those arches

as for the pinch bolts when i fitted mine i removed the two rear bolts that attach the upper arms to the strut top and left the pinch bolts intact a bit fiddly but reduces the risk of the bolt snapping or the upright breaking as in this post .

regards dav

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add A4_MaJiK on Facebook Visit A4_MaJiK's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by davsa4 View Post
    looks loads better mate , now get some 15mm spacers on the rear and fill those arches

as for the pinch bolts when i fitted mine i removed the two rear bolts that attach the upper arms to the strut top and left the pinch bolts intact a bit fiddly but reduces the risk of the bolt snapping or the upright breaking as in this post .

regards dav
    Looking good MAC, can't wait to get mine lowered now!

As for the method you mentioned Dav, aren't these said bolts quite tricky to get at and undo? I may just go about this method when fitting mine.

Thanks, Az.

Audi A4 B7 3.0TDI S-Line Sprint Blue
    ~ MTEC DRLs & Sidelights ~ 8000k D1S ~ 19" A6 Le Mans Edition Wheels ~ Eibach Wheel Spacers (5mm F/15mm R) ~ Rear Ambient Lighting ~
    ~ UK Legal Pressed Plates ~ Full Interior LED Lighting ~ Rear Numberplate LED Lights ~ LCR Front Splitter ~

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ajax1976 View Post
    Can be done without removing the pinch bolt but it's a bit fiddly. Raise the car and support it then jack up the wishbone to compress the spring. I couldn't get my spring compressors in to hold the spring so used several lengths of binding wire to hold the spring under tension then let the wishbone back down, just make sure the spring is securely bound down. Then it's just a case of removing the bottom and upper bolts and that lets you remove the whole lot at once without touching the pinch bolts. Sounds easy but it's still a fight tbh, I found it easier and quicker to remove the pinch bolts.
    My spring compressors are compact and will easily get in either side of the spring. I think if i do ever adjust or modify the suspension in anyway, this is how I will get the shocks out. The Audi A4 haynes manual does explain a lot of it, but personally i'd have done it all another way. Advantage of being an ex mechanic
    Audi A4 (B7) 2.0TDi S-Line Avant Quattro - Steve Edition in Lava Grey
    BBS Wheels|arm rest|ambipur|345mm S4 brakes|PiperX panel filter|cupra R splitter|Greenstuff Pads|Retrofit Cruise control/DIS|Retrofit Audi Phone|Dension iPod|

Full VCDS equipped for the Moray area

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A4_MaJiK View Post
    Looking good MAC, can't wait to get mine lowered now!

As for the method you mentioned Dav, aren't these said bolts quite tricky to get at and undo? I may just go about this method when fitting mine.

Thanks, Az.
    yes mate they are a bit tricky but not too difficult .

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by davsa4 View Post

regards dav
    Thanks mate, the offset is currently et35 so realistically how far out can I go without rubbing front and back

2nd Gear

Status
    I don't think you can go anymore than 3mm spacer if you're et35 at the mo. I tried et30 on the rear of mine with an 8.5j 19" wheel 235/35 tyres and had light scubbing over speed bumps. Now I'm et32 on the front and 38 of the rear and have no scrubbing.

Are you sure you're definately et35? Once its settled you'll get a better idea what if any spacers it'll need.

Just remembered I was et32 on the rear with my 18" S4s with 225 tyres and had no scrubbing.

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add A4_MaJiK on Facebook Visit A4_MaJiK's Instagram Channel
    If it helps, my rear wheels are 19" 8.5j 235/35 ET48 with 15mm spacers (ET33) and no issues here.

Audi A4 B7 3.0TDI S-Line Sprint Blue
    ~ MTEC DRLs & Sidelights ~ 8000k D1S ~ 19" A6 Le Mans Edition Wheels ~ Eibach Wheel Spacers (5mm F/15mm R) ~ Rear Ambient Lighting ~
    ~ UK Legal Pressed Plates ~ Full Interior LED Lighting ~ Rear Numberplate LED Lights ~ LCR Front Splitter ~

6th Gear

Status
    Think i'll leave as is, thanks for the info

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12