EM TuningAH Fabrications
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Macdoon

Thread: No sh*t Sherlock!

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Lol, they are a wee bit late eh, must have been struggling tae fill the mag lol
    Molnboman likes this.
    A4 B8 (09) 2.0 TFSI (211)

Black Gloss RS4 style mesh grille, Black Gloss fog grilles, Black Gloss splitter trim, Ice White fogs, Tints, Black A8 boot rings, Black Badges, Dynamik boot spoiler, LED interior, LED number plate lights, Brushed steel vinyl wrapped interior.

5th Gear

Status
    main issue is the high eco figures got by super mini cars during the tests are never how the cars are driven

as for the comment ""But that's not the case. If you use a small-engined car for long motorway runs every day, it will not be that economical," he said, adding that a vehicle with a larger engine would be better."

my brother has a polo blue motion, i have an a6 3.0tdi, he puts less fuel in his car than i do, fact!
    VCDS in North Wales
    2007 A6 3.0TDi S-Line Le Mans Avant , adaptive xenon lights, sunroof, privacy glass, towbar, led rears & randomly rear seat airbags
    1999 Honda S2000 , mcb low milage jap import, fully bushed, mugen exhaust <<< for sale! <<<
    2001 Passat TDi 130 Sport < sold!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/Ste_Nova/Passat/PB140007s.jpg

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    I have a colleague whose daily drive to work is 70 miles each way of steady speed motorway cruising, with about one mile of urban driving either end. He currently drives a Saab 9-3 2.0TDi, which is getting very tired, so he's thinking about replacing it.

I have managed to talk him out of buying the Toyota Prius he had convinced himself was the right car for him, by explaining that for his particular mix of driving, it would not be economical or cost effective, because a Prius would spend most of its journey using the petrol engine and not the battery. I've suggested he look for another turbo-diesel, such as a Golf, A3 or maybe a Skoda Octavia.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

5th Gear

Status
    1.4tfsi a1
    VCDS in North Wales
    2007 A6 3.0TDi S-Line Le Mans Avant , adaptive xenon lights, sunroof, privacy glass, towbar, led rears & randomly rear seat airbags
    1999 Honda S2000 , mcb low milage jap import, fully bushed, mugen exhaust <<< for sale! <<<
    2001 Passat TDi 130 Sport < sold!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/Ste_Nova/Passat/PB140007s.jpg

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jdp1962 View Post
    I have a colleague whose daily drive to work is 70 miles each way of steady speed motorway cruising, with about one mile of urban driving either end. He currently drives a Saab 9-3 2.0TDi, which is getting very tired, so he's thinking about replacing it.

I have managed to talk him out of buying the Toyota Prius he had convinced himself was the right car for him, by explaining that for his particular mix of driving, it would not be economical or cost effective, because a Prius would spend most of its journey using the petrol engine and not the battery. I've suggested he look for another turbo-diesel, such as a Golf, A3 or maybe a Skoda Octavia.
    +1 on the Prius apart from the fact they are dull! If that's the old Saab 93 diesel and not the last Alfa engined...he'll be glad of anything....the new Golf Blue 2.0l diesel thingy does have amazing mpg and pretty nippy too....but am still staying well away from them after the ballache nightmare of owning that 150bhp 1.9cdti Zafira. Apart from that road tax for 2.0l diesel in Swedenshire is about 600 - 700 quid a year dependent on how old the car is!

BR
    A