Chrome/silver wing mirrors...Why??

Tiffy

Reaction score
Whats the signifcance of the silver/chrome wing mirrors....ive seen a few cars with them on but not sure why some have and some havent???

Thinking of maybe fitting the matt silver ones to mine but a little unsure as it is totally black.....But think it may break it up slightly

Black is stealth look ive just bought same car

Not 100% but thought the S4's and RS4's had them as standard. Am quite sure one will come along with the definitive answer though! Please be aware that the local neds appear to be nicking these off cars ...and ripping the complete mirrors off too! Could be a very expensive mod' if you see what I mean. IMHO I would leave them alone and spend your cash on birds and booze instead! hehehe

BR
A

as above they were on the S4 RS4 S3

It's a sorry state of affairs, worrying about modding your car incase of theft.

Oh dear...................may need a re-think then,lol

I had the matte ones on my old B6, parked all over UK, never had an issue with theft tbh, here's a pic
any011_zps3f2f241c.jpg

Look good on black/dark motors

Last edited:
See i think that looks good....especially as my car is totally black...

Get this kind
IMGP0805.jpg

Now they look the mutts, are they power folding

B6 & B7 S4, solid brushed aluminium mirrors, can be folding and the same shape as standard.

B7 RS4, solid brushed aluminium "AERO" mirrors as standard (RS4 only), folding was available but in body colour standard only. AERO versions are not available in folding option. Very rare to find an RS4 with body colour folding mirrors, seen them on US cars loads, only ever seen 2 in the UK. The "AERO" mirrors are part of the RS4 "look" just like an M3 also had AERO mirrors.

Note: Very expensive to replace and all brushed aluminium, not chrome and technically not matt either. There are nasty crome covers avaialbe and they are horrid, OEM is the best thing. As you can see from my photo below, mine look shiny, they sort of are as this pic was 20 mins after the car had been detailed but they are more satin than shiny.

I have a B6 S4 and the mirrors are a quality item, cast from aluminium and you can polish scratches out of them, even deep ones.

Sorry for the nerdy info, lol

DSCN5431A

Last edited:
Thanks Geoff....thast very informative....

iv seen them fitted and they fot well and look ok
not as good as the real thing but not bad at all.

Jaysus! for that price you could get an RS4 ARB and some change over for a beer! :beerchug: hehehehe

A