Hi all after selling my cupra R i have just got my first audi its a 2008 a4 sline b7 170 tdi (pd) and after abit of research i have a few questions that i am unclear on.
i did solve my first problem (egr o-ring had come off so was smoking heavily) of my own research but i arent too sure about the following
1. Mines an ex company car so the only interior optional extra i have is multifunction wheel, but i would like cruise and trip computer. If i buy a cruise stalk to retrofit (already have vagcom) does it automatically come with the trip computer or is that the other stalk?
2. On my way home i had a small skirmish with a friend on an abandoned runway in his mk1 a3 1.8t its a 150bhp not sure exactly what its running but its got an fmic, cat back and a bmc cai and remapped, and it was identical to mine for 40-120 would this indicate mine has been remapped already or more likely that his had lost power with age? as with them mods i would epect at least 200bhp out of his which i wouldve thought would be considerably faster than mine.
3. Would anyone say there would be an issue with a de-dpf and map (from R-tech) at 100k? as i am considering this, the car has full audi s/h and is mostly motorway mileage literally better condition in every way then a 45k example i viewed on a 05 plate.
4. Did any b7 have day running lights (like a facelift or something) or was this only the b8 as ideally i would love some but i dont fancy installing aftermarket lights?
5. Can i get an iphone adaptor or aux cable for my headunit, dont realy want to remove unless i can as in my experience these things never seem to fit as flush as standard once removed. The unit says audi concert on it, nothing special plays mp3s , non colour screen assuming its the base model standard?
Any answers will be greatly appreciated Thankyou