Central locking problems

Tamtaf

Reaction score
Ok so having bad luck with my 2007 2.0tdi 170. Replaced injector seals tandem pump and lift pump in the tank after she decided to stop revving after 3000rpm but a few days before she broke down the central locking just stopped working. I literally unlocked the car using the fob drove 50miles went to lock the car and the fob wouldn't work, put it down to a flat battery so replaced it and still didn't work. Cars is at my friends garage and uses vag com and vcds on a regular basis and said to me that the car isn't picking the key up. We have got 2 spare keys from a scrap yard to be coded(all with the same numbers as the original key), and replaced to comfort module but it still isn't picking up ANY of the keys. The buttons are being pressed but the car picks nothing up. The button on the door locks car no problems and the key when put in the door to lock the car (old school) works also no problems. Please help!!!!!

did you try put key in ignition
press lock unlock remove key and try ?

Yes had the key in the ignition the doors etc etc did the rosstech guide. We only ever had one key for the car so needa get another cut as one guide suggests having a key in the ignition and to lock the door with another key inserted into the barrel. How come vcds isn't registering anything when the buttons are being pressed on the remote fobs.