Chris NottAH Fabrications
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By A4_MaJiK

Thread: Looking at buying a B6 Cab

1st Gear

Status

Looking at buying a B6 Cab

Hi,
    I,m viewing a 2006 B7 Cab 3.0TDI Quattro Sport with manual six speed box in a very dark bue with loads of toys, and has covered 77k miles, this the second time I have viewed the car but due to the snow at the time I was unable to test drive it. But subject to a satisfactory test drive friday I will be buying it.
    What I would like to know is what I should looking out for on the car either as means of price haggling or indeed to stay away from it.
    Also could anyone tell me what sort of mpg I,m likely to get out of it, any comments appreciated.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Common things to break on the b6/b7 are...

The glove box hinge
    The armrest clip/catch
    Roof storage box in the boot (cable usually breaks the plastic mounts which causes the box not to fold up)
    Obviously check the roof opens and closes as it should
    Check the front seats recline forward as they should to let in rear passengers.
    Audi A4 Cabriolet 2.5TDI 163 Sport
    Full Interior Lighting Pack - Puddle Lights, Footwell Lights, Door Markers, Handle Ambient Lights, Air Vent Illumination, Armrest Illumination, Roof Ambient Lights. Auto Dim Rear View Mirror, Cruise Control, Full DIS, Genuine 6 Disc CD Changer in Glovebox, RNSE, Remote Windows, Parrot Bluetooth, Storage Pack, Full Leather, Heated Mirrors.

1st Gear

Status
    As Vgcabby says "Obviously check the roof opens and closes as it should" but also check that the yellow roof light on the dash goes out approx same time as all the other lights when first turning on the ignition. If it continues to flash, approx 10 times, it is showing that there is a fault with one of the sensors/switches etc.

Andy

1st Gear

Status
    Cheers for the comments guys have checked the glove box, and the hinge is still intact, though it does,nt seem to open very wide so I will be looking to lube the damper assembly of the glove box as soon as I get it.
    I have,nt managed to chek the hood because of the snow when I last visit, but will ensure it operates ok, and will especially look out for the yellow warnng light on the dash when I start it up and operate the roof.
    Anything specific to look for in the engine?

1st Gear

Status
    Cambelt, pulleys and water pump changed. Not sure if and when these are due on a 2006 B7 Cab 3.0TDI Quattro Sport though. But not cheap to do if it has not? But should say if it has FSH!

1st Gear

Status
    Well the car I,m buying is due a service now so rather than get the dealer to do it, I have chipped him £500 on the asking price so I can bring the service history up to date and cover the £458 that the main dealer wants for a major service.
    I thought these engines had a timing chain?

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add A4_MaJiK on Facebook Visit A4_MaJiK's Instagram Channel
    3.0TDI is chain driven. Common engine problems are the intake manifold (swirl port) flaps failure but I've been told you get an engine light when this occurs. Other than that it is a peach of an engine especially launching it with a manual box, puts a smile on my face everytime.
    Andy27168 likes this.

Audi A4 B7 3.0TDI S-Line Sprint Blue
    ~ MTEC DRLs & Sidelights ~ 8000k D1S ~ 19" A6 Le Mans Edition Wheels ~ Eibach Wheel Spacers (5mm F/15mm R) ~ Rear Ambient Lighting ~
    ~ UK Legal Pressed Plates ~ Full Interior LED Lighting ~ Rear Numberplate LED Lights ~ LCR Front Splitter ~