Turbo / Boost Leak??

Chrisd1983

Reaction score
Morning,

Just been driving my B7 2.0 Tdi 140 to work this morning, and sat cruising in 6th gear to suddenly find no boost / turbo, so dropped it down to 5th and still the same.....after a while I had boost again?! This repeated itself again before I got here, once the boost returned the second time I gave it a thrash in 3rd / 4th and all seems fine.........

Any ideas what might have caused this intermittent fault? If it was a boost pipe, I thought I would not have any boost full stop and heard a boost pipe come off?

Cheers,

Chris

I would have thought only a diagnostic check would reveal possible reasons for that.

Good Luck
A

Just checked all boost pipes and everything is fine. I had the EGR mapped out a while ago, so I know its not that.

If it was an overboost problem, the car would go into limp mode and display a CEL on the dash wouldnt it?

The divertor valve is prone to leaking. The rubber gasket perishes over time. Once replaced its like a new car again. The parts only about £40.

Its a Tdi mate, I'm pretty sure diverter valves aren't fitted to diesels. Cheers though

Well I gave this a scan and this is what has come up??

EGR valve malfunction-N18

Potentiometer for EGR-G212 signal too large

My EGR was mapped out last year sometime, so I believe its something to do with the N18 solenoid valve, possibly an intermittent fault on this affecting the vacuum??