a little bit of expertise knowledge required please

inbir316

Reaction score
hey guys, new to the forum here with my 2nd post!

i've just got myself a lovely A4 saloon 2.0 TDI multitronic 140 S Line. got a few questions really. ive got a phone prep thing attached to the main dash, to the left of the built in sat nav, now does anyone know if you can get cradles compatible with the iphone 5? also does the car have bluetooth?

2nd question - how can i have ipod/iphone connectivity to the sat nav or even usb if possible without going after market? if i do need to go after market which ones do you guys recommend?

thanks in advanced. i'm also not very savvy when it comes to cars etc but technology jargon isnt a problem!

search with your BT to see if it connects

If its a 07 plate then I think you probably have a B7 A4 rather than a B8 so you will get better advice if you post in the right forum ;)

If this is the case then your phone mount type thing will probably accept an audi phone holder... speak to your dealer is the best advice as I haven't seen any ip5 cradles on eBay and I'm not 100% sure they're available.

if your sat nav is the RNS-E unit you can add iPod connectivity using a kufatec harness. Down side is that the head unit sees it as a 6 disc changer and the controls are a bit limited.

best of luck getting it all sorted!

without sounding abit too thick but how can i tell if it is a B7? says on the description for this area jan 07 registered onwards?

hey guys, new to the forum here

i've just got myself a lovely A4 saloon 2.0 TDI multitronic 140 S Line. got a few questions really. ive got a phone prep thing attached to the main dash, to the left of the built in sat nav, now does anyone know if you can get cradles compatible with the iphone 5? also does the car have bluetooth?

2nd question - how can i have ipod/iphone connectivity to the sat nav or even usb if possible without going after market? if i do need to go after market which ones do you guys recommend?

thanks in advanced. i'm also not very savvy when it comes to cars etc but technology jargon isnt a problem!

1st, turn ignition on & do a search for BT with your iphone, if you find audi uhv, pair with code 1234, see how you go from there.

The oem best solution is ami which I can supply/fit, but that's a fair chunk of change, but allows charging, artist, album, track info to show up in the head unit, but, the nav unit would need an upgrade for that, which is even more money.

Depends how much integration you want, dension do aftermarket kit, but at best would come up in the dis lcd, not the head unit display afaik, but is allot cheaper.

I'll get this thread merged with your other one, please keep it to 1 thread to keep all replies in one location :)

Threads Merged. Op, please dont start multiple threads on the same subject. Thank you. :) x