Cupra lip / Splitter

Danny-boy

Reaction score
Hi all,

I phoned my local Seat dealer today and they want £50 for the splitter.

He knew what the item was before I even finished reading the part number, demand must be high.

Where can I get one cheaper, I was lead to think that it was about £35.

Cheers

I just got the impression they were cashing in on the demand, understandable but annoying.

They definately are.... I bought my first one 5 yrs ago for £21+vat

Bought mine for £43 from dealer in Kidderminster the other week. As Mac says they are definitely cashing in on demand...

In which case, I may as well just get the one I got quoted for.

Also tempted by the eBay one though as I don't need to find time to go to the dealer.

It's a bit like audi with the rs4 grille, they seem to have put the price up by £200 for one of those. Robbing b****rds!!

It's a bit like audi with the rs4 grille, they seem to have put the price up by £200 for one of those. Robbing b****rds!!

That's market forces for you. Does anyone know if this splitter can be fitted to an SE bumper?

That's market forces for you. Does anyone know if this splitter can be fitted to an SE bumper?

I've stuck a cupra splitter on my Se bumper Jeff, easier and cheaper than an s-line bumper conversion. Admittedly I would've liked the s-line bumper but I couldn't justify the cost including respray. I sprayed the splitter to match body colour though, which I like. Although now the paint has flaked (1st point of impact for all road debris) and I think the plastic material isn't suited to OEM paint, even with primer & lacquer...

Can't access photobucket at work to provide a pic unfortunately...

How easy are they to fit....and are they a direct fit to an S-Line bumper????

crazy price rise on these over the years sure i remember payin 16quid on one on my astra lol

would mind one on mine but never got round to it, might have to get one soon before were payin £80 quids for them haha

i bought one from my local Seat dealer for £43 a couple of months ago, when i went to fit it was scuffed to buggery, took it back but the one they replaced it with looked like it had been at the bottom of the stack coz it was deformed out of shape, got my money back in the end, quality control was crap

How is everyone getting on with fitting these? Got mine on Saturday but finding it a pain to get fitted. I've trimmed the the centre tabs down, but looks like I've got quite a bit to trim down. I've marked it down to about 12mm in height from the base of the lip not sure if that is too much or whether I cut it straight or at an angle etc.

I've also heard the tabs going around should be trimmed by about 1mm to allow it to sit flush under the bumper.

Any help/pictures would be appreciated.

Thanks, Az.

Picked mine up on Thursday, about £43 if I remember correctly.

Going to pick up the screws this evening.

Hoping to fit at the weekend with a mate, so we will see how it goes.

Going to try and steer clear of the guides for this one, I'll just make it fit as best as possible.

Looking at it, it looks fairly straight forward.

After trimming the pylon bits at the front, it took me about 3 minutes to fit the splitter to mine. It's not a big deal like some make it out to be.

very easy to fit

Dead easy to fit.

I think I cut the central pillars down to about 25mm to the front and 15mm to the rear. On all the other tabs I trimmed them down, cutting off the actual "locking" part of the tab to allow it to sit flat. Drilled holes in the part of the tab left after trimming then fixed to the bumper. The central pillars I used longer screws and a couple of washers and placed the screw in the groove of the pillar to the rear, out of sight. I started fixing from the tabs on either side of the central pillars then when I was getting close to the end pulled the splitter outwards to follow the bumper as best I could as the splitter is narrower than the bumper.

Yeh going to fit mine soon when weathe improves. I can recall that on my last Audi you have to be mindfull when triming the centre tabs any close up pics??

Yeh going to fit mine soon when weathe improves. I can recall that on my last Audi you have to be mindfull when triming the centre tabs any close up pics??

Maybe not the pics your looking for but, they show how much I trimmed off and the rough angle
7thfeb016_zps53b6263c.jpg

7thfeb011_zpsb00d5277.jpg

7thfeb019_zps2da8b12c.jpg

Guys, I don't know what's going on but I'm struggling with this.

I have prepped it for fitment and cut down as necessary, just can't sus how far forward / back to mount it.

Any tips or pics from below?

Cheers

Guys, I don't know what's going on but I'm struggling with this.

I have prepped it for fitment and cut down as necessary, just can't sus how far forward / back to mount it.

Cheers

Any tips or pics from below?

A few more pics fella, hope it helps, I just kinda went for what looked good to me

7thfeb022_zps86c8693d.jpg

7thfeb021_zps21966e66.jpg

7thfeb023_zpsf983bdc6.jpg

7thfeb020_zps997b0159.jpg

7thfeb014_zps1ae27d09.jpg

Mac

That ace Mac.

Just wanted to see the front centre - the rest I can sort myself.

Cheers buddy, that's exactly what I needed.

Dan

Finally done, took a few attempts to get it right but I'm fairly happy with it now.....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21364818345839858

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21364818357101773

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21364818367222411

Thanks for the advice, especially Mac - would have really struggled without it.

Dan

Thanks both, it's another mod ticked off the list.

It's finally getting shorter!!!

Yeh sounds like progress.
I have got a few on my list gonna take me flamin ages