AH FabricationsEM Tuning
    Neutral

Status

BBS CH alloys. PCD query

Hi Guys

Your wise consel if I may.
    I was thinking of changing the car then realised what a good car I have already, the new model A4 just doesn't do it for me. Soo, rather than waste my had earned on a new car I think I'll freshen the old girl up and change my standard S-Line 18" alloys for some shiny new 18" BBS CH alloys. Questions:
    What PCD do I need? The car is a S-Line SE 2.0T 220 Avant with factory fitted drilled and vented discs at the front so not your standard calipers.
    Is it worth buying replicas or is it false economy??
    Who is the best supplier?
    What should I be asking for my old rims? They are all in excellent condition and any minor kerb dam,age has been sorted professionally so they look as good as new. Might bring them along to AITP to see if I get any takers.

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    Drop me a PM if you like mate we are BBS dealers and sure we can sort you a good price on some genuine CH's. I wouldn't buy reps but that's just my opinion. They are quite often false economy as they corrode a lot quicker than genuine wheels.

Tiptronic

Status
    Speaking from personal experience I wouldn't bother with genuine BBS unless weight is your number one concern. As long as you find a good dealer (BM autosport is where I got my 19" CH reps from, 9 months through winter and no corrosion at all) then the reps should be decent quality. Granted the finish won't be QUITE as good as genuine rims, and the wheels will be a bit heavier (alloy make-up), but unless you're making a track car I doubt you'd ever notice the difference.

Here's a link to reps: NEW 18" MOTORSPORT STYLE WHEELS et45, BM Autosport Ltd

Here's a link to some BBS: Buy 18 Inch BBS CH Silver Alloy Wheels | 18 inch Alloys | BBS Alloys

Reps = £400
    Genuine BBS = £1120

Personally I think the price says it all... And just think, the £700 you will save equates to 3+ resprays which will also remove cosmetic curb damage, or nearly 2 additional sets of rims...

Car: 2007 A4 3.0TDI Quattro S-Line Cabriolet
    Mods: Pipercross Panel Filter, Smarttop, LED Plate Bulbs, LED Interior Bulbs, Blue LED Needles, Remap, EGR Delete, Custom Stainless Exhaust (4" Slash Tips), Cupra-R Splitter, Embossed Number Plates, 19" BBS CH Reps & Vredestein Ultra Sessanta's, 12mm TPI Spacers, -30m H&R Springs, MTEC Black Edition Brakes (Dimpled & Grooved), Mintex Pads, RS4 RARB, Vibe Square Subwoofer in Ski-pass & Alpine MRP-350 Amp

VCDS - PM for details (East Midlands)