AH FabricationsSky Insurance
    2nd Gear

Status

Carbon wrapped door panel bits:-)

Always thought the door cards looked a bit plain on my car, I have black leather interior and cards are all black except for the Ally strips. I wrapped the strips a while ago and had some left over so decided today to see if I could wrap another couple of bits. The switch gear and trigger surrounds were the obvious choices so got the door card off and stripped it down.

Trigger surround was dead easy to do, switch gear one a wee bit tricky but doable. Only bit I'm not really happy about are the tiny holes for the mirror switch indication lights so will do it again once I get more wrap but for first attempt I'm happy. I know for next time how to make it better and I'm going to try and wrap into the finger recesses under the switches. I gave up trying to wrap down inside the grab handle so used an existing slight molding line about 10mm down on the inside to trim a clean edge to and it looks good. Passenger and rear doors although smaller look a bit harder to do due how they curve into the handle but sure they'll be doable. I'll give it a couple of weeks or so before redoing the switch gear one just to see how it wears but think it'll be fine and certainly looks 100x better than it was.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status

Re: Carbon wrapped door panel bits:-)

Looks very nice that. I'm loving the darker silver look to the wrap. :thumbup:
    Audi A4 2lt 170 TDI Quattro s-line, B7, BRD engine code. Mods so far; cruise control, DPF delete, EGR delete, unicorn remap, B5 perches, RS4 rear arb, RNSE with SDS, 2013 maps with speed cams, aux in, powermax remanufactured balancer, Sachs SRE organic clutch and pressure plate with LUK flywheel. Mods to do; s4 break upgrade, glove box fridge perhaps...

6th Gear

Status
    Looks top fella, same colour as mine Anthracite
    A4 B8 (09) 2.0 TFSI (211)

Black Gloss RS4 style mesh grille, Black Gloss fog grilles, Black Gloss splitter trim, Ice White fogs, Tints, Black A8 boot rings, Black Badges, Dynamik boot spoiler, LED interior, LED number plate lights, Brushed steel vinyl wrapped interior.

2nd Gear

Status
    Thanks Guys, Yeah its an anthracite colour 3m Di-nok, supposed to be quite rare.

Did another couple of bits just to use up all the wee bits I had left, not sure if they'll stay or go, does kind of break up the sea of black plastic up a bit.

6th Gear

Status
    I thought about doing the little bits too, but decided against it thinking it might be too much, but it definately looks good. I'll be changing mine soon, not sure what colour but the little will be done. How easy was it to get the little bits out.
    A4 B8 (09) 2.0 TFSI (211)

Black Gloss RS4 style mesh grille, Black Gloss fog grilles, Black Gloss splitter trim, Ice White fogs, Tints, Black A8 boot rings, Black Badges, Dynamik boot spoiler, LED interior, LED number plate lights, Brushed steel vinyl wrapped interior.

5th Gear

Status
    Think all the work looks really good. Well done my Man!

BR
    A

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    looks god but a bit to much for me

2nd Gear

Status
    Cheers, Little bits pop out dead easy and also easy bits to wrap:-)

TBH I wasn't sure about doing them as I thought it would be a bit too much but had the stuff so thought it was worth a try and glad I did, they'll be staying!!

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Standard door trims, console strip & gear surround, but rest for me look very out of place, the 12v socket & under handbrake look awful sorry, but if you like then hey do as you see fit

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Neutral

Status
    Looks great , have to say I agree with NHN door strip, console trims and gear surround for me to.
    I don't know if you watch Wheeler Dealers but they carbon wrapped the interior trim for a Range Rover a few weeks back. Was incredible how they did it and the finish.
    Follow my progress during the renovation of a 1930s bungalow. Will be kitted with multi-room audio and video throughout.

http://buildmybungalow.blogspot.co.uk/

5th Gear

Status
    Did mine the other week....quite chuffed with the effect. those two bolts above the radio were the trickiest part....