Carbon wrapped door panel bits:-)

ajax1976

Reaction score
Always thought the door cards looked a bit plain on my car, I have black leather interior and cards are all black except for the Ally strips. I wrapped the strips a while ago and had some left over so decided today to see if I could wrap another couple of bits. The switch gear and trigger surrounds were the obvious choices so got the door card off and stripped it down.

Trigger surround was dead easy to do, switch gear one a wee bit tricky but doable. Only bit I'm not really happy about are the tiny holes for the mirror switch indication lights so will do it again once I get more wrap but for first attempt I'm happy. I know for next time how to make it better and I'm going to try and wrap into the finger recesses under the switches. I gave up trying to wrap down inside the grab handle so used an existing slight molding line about 10mm down on the inside to trim a clean edge to and it looks good. Passenger and rear doors although smaller look a bit harder to do due how they curve into the handle but sure they'll be doable. I'll give it a couple of weeks or so before redoing the switch gear one just to see how it wears but think it'll be fine and certainly looks 100x better than it was.

P3160305.jpg

P3160309.jpg

Looks top fella, same colour as mine Anthracite

Thanks Guys, Yeah its an anthracite colour 3m Di-nok, supposed to be quite rare.

Did another couple of bits just to use up all the wee bits I had left, not sure if they'll stay or go, does kind of break up the sea of black plastic up a bit.

IMG_0754.jpg

Reactions: Mark67
I thought about doing the little bits too, but decided against it thinking it might be too much, but it definately looks good. I'll be changing mine soon, not sure what colour but the little will be done. How easy was it to get the little bits out.

looks god but a bit to much for me

Cheers, Little bits pop out dead easy and also easy bits to wrap:)

TBH I wasn't sure about doing them as I thought it would be a bit too much but had the stuff so thought it was worth a try and glad I did, they'll be staying!!

Standard door trims, console strip & gear surround, but rest for me look very out of place, the 12v socket & under handbrake look awful sorry, but if you like then hey do as you see fit :)

Looks great , have to say I agree with NHN door strip, console trims and gear surround for me to.
I don't know if you watch Wheeler Dealers but they carbon wrapped the interior trim for a Range Rover a few weeks back. Was incredible how they did it and the finish.

Did mine the other week....quite chuffed with the effect. those two bolts above the radio were the trickiest part....