Changing Wiper Blades

Danny-boy

Reaction score
Just a little rant really, that's the most difficult wiper blade swap I have ever done!!!!

Replaced with genuine Audi wipers, the old ones had fused themselves onto the ends of the arms.

Half hour, all done now but highly frustrating.

I had trouble doing mine, so instead ask Audi and they fitted for free!

You obviously don't go to Audi Halesowen then.

It's hard enough to get a smile or common courtesy out of them.

Yep did the same here in MK...£40 fitted at the dealer and squeak free..as the old ones where driving me mad....tried for about 20 mins and gave up ......oem part and free fitting can't be all bad.

You do realise the OE ones are made by Veleo and are significantly less anywhere else?

Reactions: sewell10
You do realise the OE ones are made by Veleo and are significantly less anywhere else?

I paid £30 from the dealer and couldn't find them much cheaper elsewhere.

Plus I had to pick up other parts so it was convenient.

Did you try wiperblades.co.uk? I get all mine from there. They are a ****** to replace but once you get the nack of it, it's simple.

Did you try wiperblades.co.uk? I get all mine from there. They are a ****** to replace but once you get the nack of it, it's simple.

I did look but they were over £30 and I was going to the dealers anyway.

Why does everybody seem to be having a hard time with these? Mine seemed pretty straight forward to replace. If you squeeze the clip and push inwards before you pull it helps?

Az

Ditto the comments from A4_Majik; I did all three of my B7 blades and my wife's A3 Sportback blades in <5mins yesterday. Perhaps lucky that both cars are originally from the sunny south, or maybe the blades had been replaced in the not too distant past (despite streaks/smearing), but none were seized...