Audi A4 HID What is required ?

vishmk1

Reaction score
hi ive got a 2006 Audi A4 Cab i want to install hid's..

is there anyway of fiting them?

thanks

There's three routes you can go with this (that i'm aware of!).

Illegal and inconsiderate. Buy an HID kit and whap them in your standard headlights. Get seto dazzle onciming traffic and gain a heap of attention from the police.

Illegal and a bit more considerate. Invest in some projector headlights, whap an HID kit in those. These wont dazzle as much and it'll be a bit less likely to get you attention from the police. Strictly speaking, this is still illegal though.

Fully legal. You'll need projector headlights, auto levelling and if I remember rightly, headlight washers to be fully legal and do it 'properly'.

Defo wouldnt recommend option one, would suggest option 2 is a decent compromise if you dont mind bending the rules a bit, and option 3 if you're intent on doing it properly :)

thanks for the advice guys...

i will look into new headlights i think

To do the fully legal thing will cost around £4k in parts and wiring. I did look into it but thought it wasn't worth it.

To do the fully legal thing will cost around £4k in parts and wiring. I did look into it but thought it wasn't worth it.

'Only' cost me £2.2k to do this last summer using bespokeautotech in Cheshire...they used nothing but genuine Audi parts. Dropped my B7 off at 8am at their garage, took the train into Manchester city centre for a bit of shopping and when i came back at 6pm it was all done and dusted. All their mechanics worked on my car at the same time which is why the conversion was done in a single day, otherwise its a 2-3 day job if done by 1 man.

Awesome, so that's with the levellers and headlight washers installed into bumper?