Danny-boy

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just received a set of these

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21363123937606017

Instructions are here

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21363123972961070
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21363123986225662

Now my car does not monitor lights, so my question is, do I need to fit the resistor packs or can I just link out the contacts?

They look fairly bulky!!!!

Cheers.

I would fit the resistor packs and go from there. my brothers B7 I just plugged them in and hid them behind the rear bumper. you do not need to remove the bumper to do this but cable tie them to stop them dropping ratteling ect.

What Darren said mate, they look very similiar to lights I've fitted on avant. I had some 3m tape on back of mine to I could stick them to the body to stop rattling around.

Enjoy

Cheers gents.

Mine have 3M on too, but if they are not required then I'd rather not fit them.

Assume they get fairly hot, so I think I'll try them without first.

Excited!!!!

Slight update, did not need to fit the resistor boxes, all is working perfectly without.

Had to rewrite the inner (bootlid) ones though as the positive and negative were the wrong way round!!!! Not good for a £200 purchase.

All working well now though, looking forward to darkness.

Well done bud. A few others have had issues with wiring too, as u say not great for £200 lights.
Look forward to pics....

Finally managed to get some pics.....

This is them when they come on at 30% brightness when I unlock the car (and for 30 seconds when I lock the car)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21364669560396616

Here they are with sidelights on

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21364669654719012

And with the brake lights on

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21364669677564249

And a cheeky pic of the DRL's and Cree sidelights

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21364669710005288

Finally, one with the Philips Diamond Vision dipped beam on

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21364669749907750

Not the best pics, but had to be taken on iPhone as it was getting dark.

Nice one Matey.......so no electrical issues fitting then?

BR
A

Yes, I had to rewire the bootlid units - they had been wired positive to negative and vice versa. Only took half hour to cut / solder / heat shrink and they are all good.

Didn't bother with all those resistor boxes either as they looked a pain to mount and I could see them working loose.

Reactions: Molnboman
Look sweet mate.

on a side note how does the diamond vision compare with whiteness against the Cree??

Look sweet mate.

on a side note how does the diamond vision compare with whiteness against the Cree??

Thanks buddy.

They are a decent match, odd as it sounds but the DV's look very slightly green in comparison.

They are by far the whitest I have found thus far though, I think they look really good.

Hi all,

Just received a set of these

View attachment 12500

Instructions are here

View attachment 12501
View attachment 12502

Now my car does not monitor lights, so my question is, do I need to fit the resistor packs or can I just link out the contacts?

They look fairly bulky!!!!

Cheers.
Hi mate just fitted to my 57 plate a4 and issue with left side reversing bulb I e it's not detecting it no light comes on and dash error. everything else ok .. I have emailed supplier. do I take out the resistor blocks.