A4 2.0 TFSi 2005_Turbo leaking oil

ehan

Reaction score
Hey all

Just when I thought my engine problems were sorted I now have a new problem! After replacing my engine in Jan it now seems i have a leaking Turbo

From the day I got my car back after the engine change i noticed a few spots on my driveway every day, but was told it was probbs just from the engine being dirty after the mechanics changed it??? Lately my oil spots have been gaining in size so i took it back to the garage this morning and it now seems my Turbo is leaking oil, in 8 weeks my oil level has fallen from full to under half

I don't hear anything wrong with my turbo or experience a loss of power, also see no smoke. but it was clear to see the oil leaking badly.

If u can please advise me on the following it would be greatly appreciated -

Can i still drive the car for a couple of days before it goes back in to the garage, or should i park it up right now?

Is this a quick repair or am i better off changing the turbo? (garage are going to take it off & send to someone for repair, which i don't like as i do not know the people & can not trust what they will advise is the problem, hence why i hope to get some idea of whats going on myself first)

Cheers!

On the 8P for example, the oil feed pipe can be twisted on reinstall & damaged, therefore not sealing 100%, have you had this checked to see where its actually leaking from.

as above where is it leaking from ?