Just received my arm rest...Do i need a bracket????

Tiffy

Reaction score
Just got my new armrest that i got off e-bay......But do i need some sort of a bracket aswell...Like the one on the left of this pic???

If so, where from???

DSCF2435_zps1fe87d00.jpg

If you remove the rear ashtray, look behind there with a torch which si ewhere the armrest arm would bolt in, hopefully that brackets already fitted to bolt into.

Superb, will take a look....hopefully its there....

If not, is it a dealer job to get one????

dealer "24 quid i paid at audi sheffield

The mounting bracket is the metal thing in the pic. As Nigel says, you have to unattach the back of the console, lift it up and manouevre the bracket under it. If you take the plastic insert out from under the handbrake, you should be able to see the upward-facing bolt it attaches to.

EDIT: Found you a fitting guide, Click here.

Cheers Jeff......Thats superb. Hopefully if the bracket is there i will fit it tomorrow

iv never had the bracket there and fitted at least 20

Where's the plug for the light?

they all dont have the led in them
and it the rest has got the led then just wire it into the cig lighter

Urm strange, as mine was there when I fitted in the S4, audi can never make up there minds arrgghhhh

Just checked.....No bracket....Off to Audi in the morning, bet they are not on the shelf!!!!

Anyone have a part number

Ah right, mine came with a light in it. Useful too.

Just checked.....No bracket....Off to Audi in the morning, bet they are not on the shelf!!!!

Anyone have a part number

Tiffy, are you sure? That looks like the bracket in the photo you posted at the top of the thread.

Jeff

The picture was off google to see if that was what I needed, lol

Arm rest fitted today.....easy as peas........As long as you take your time with the cutting out and start small its a doddle.

From start to finish took about 20 minutes.....

Jeff..... Indeed mate.

all that's left to do is the lights, want them bright white light instead of yellow and the ride height sorted. Then I will be happy...... For a bit, lol