Which OEM Bluetooth

P

purple8

Iam looking to retrofit bluetooth module .
I notice they have various letters on end. A, B, E , etc etc
will any do are some to be avoided. I read somewhere some have limited functionality. What does this mean. Ie what is the functionality limited too

Some modules wont allow comfort features, like call lists through say the rns-e head unit, if you want full compatibility with the latest handsets aswell, then fit the newer modules.

I can supply/fit this system if interested, the latest version aswell.

Yes but if you have a modern handset then it may have issues connecting to an older unit.

(Should add if you have nav - RNS-E limited function = it just don't work). You get a message on the nav screen saying something like insert sim, if you get a compatible unit, you get access to, received, missed, and phone book.

You also get this nice GUI with a compatible module.
2012-08-08-22.09.21.jpg

If you don't have navigation, then you don't need what I have said, however the D module is almost 9 years old and it would have very old software as NHN says.

No RSNE just dual din concert . Would love rsne but budget won't allow now with baby on way.

So you could go for the D version but cannot see the point, I take it you have Multi-Function Steering Wheel?

So you could go for the D version but cannot see the point, I take it you have Multi-Function Steering Wheel?
yes purchased but not fitted yet.
It all depends on if I get much cash work.. I'm not adverse to a little diy. But it would take me half a day fit and I could spend the same time earning to pay a pro :)

Do you have a compatible steering wheel control module?

The Audi BT system is pointless unless you have either RNS-E or MFSW

Do you have a compatible steering wheel control module?

The Audi BT system is pointless unless you have either RNS-E or MFSW
Not had chance to check module yet, do you mean compatible with then blue tooth

no compatible with your new steering wheel, you have to have a steering wheel control module that works with the mulitfunction wheel, you also need a slipring which is compatible with MFSW.

no compatible with your new steering wheel, you have to have a steering wheel control module that works with the mulitfunction wheel, you also need a slipring which is compatible with MFSW.
Not had chance to check yet. Trying to find the post that had part numbered to check

If you have cruise then you should be OK, but you will need the slipring.

I have OEM bluetooth and loom you can have, make me a sensible offer. If you have an iPhone 5 it won't remember the volume of the car when you stop the car and start it again; thats why I upgraded to the latest revision. I'll post up which version in a bit, get in touch if interested.

Yeah it's 8P0 862 335C and loom, and bluetooth antenna and mic, so everything you need (although it'll need coding to your car with VCDS for 100% compatibility.

Like I said, if you have an iPhone (or probably other new generation phone) it's not capable of remembering what level you set the call-volume at last time you used it - it defaults to 100% each time. It annoyed me so I upgraded.