battery drain need vag-com cable

lr02lee

Reaction score
Hi does anybody local to Manchester have the vagcom software that i can diagnose a battery drain with. They will obviously be compensated for there time and knowledge.
I have used my multimeter and have 1.490 volt with ignition off, when i pull the number 15 fuse ( instrument cluster, navigation ) it drops to 0.680v.
I didnt use my car for about 3-4 weeks and battery was flat so jumped started it and no probs, left it overnight and wouldnt start again dead battery, so i tested battery whilst running and had 14 volts.
Replaced the battery for new and yep dead next morning.
I have heard that some audis have to be told what battery is installed :think: not sure if mine does. Its a 2.0 tdi 140 s line if it matters.
The sat nav is in the middle of the rev and speedo and not in the stereo.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks Lee

thanks Sandra i'll try and find him on here.

Do you have audi BT installed & I would pull the fuse to the radio & check the current on circuits aswell with meter.

Do you have audi BT installed & I would pull the fuse to the radio & check the current on circuits aswell with meter.

I dont have Audi BT installed.
I have checked all the other circuits and not much change in the voltage, except for the radio circuit which was a change from 1.490 fuse in and once removed it dropped to 1.156 ?????
The major drop is when the nav and dash fuse is pulled. Is there any relays involved or is it all done by computers.
Thanks

Do you mean amps not voltage?

Some radios/navs are known to fault & drain battery mate, remove radio & leave out overnight & then see what occurs.

Some radios/navs are known to fault & drain battery mate, remove radio & leave out overnight & then see what occurs.
The radio is completley seperate to the sat nav though would this matter ?

I said some, not neccessarily yours, the rns-e is a nav & this has been known to cause these issues aswell as standalone radios, do as advised.

Well I found my problem. It was the sat nav dvd drive in the boot, once the car was locked the ampage was fluctuating from 0.4-1.5 A. Once I disconnected the sat nav it settled at 0.4 once locked.
So my next question is what's the solution. Is my drive goosed or is there something I can do like a refurb on it.
Thanks