Good front brakes S4

S4P4UL

Reaction score
my front pads are squeeling a low speeds and its pretty embarrassing! i can see it being annoying with the roof down so i was going to strip them down and clean them up, but instead of replacing with the old ones may aswell upgrade whilst im at it does anybody know which brakes are good as wel as not robbing the ££££

If the pads have bed in as such into the discs, you may find new pads do the same thing, I always found it was good to get either new both or new pads & get a pro disc skimmer to flatten the discs again, so no groove as such in the discs for new pads to wear into & screech.

how much will it cost to get the disks skimmed? my grandad is a engineer would this be something he could do?

Years back cost me £80 iirc, a professional skimmer that has the tools that fit directly onto the hub so they skim flat, dont attempt this with a grinder no matter how experienced an engineer you/grandad are, if its of by even minimum, it will wobble/warp, I suppose a lathe could do it I guess if it would do that diameter, but has to be completely level as such.

yeah he has full acess to a engineering workshop, lathe etc... for the cost of 80, i my aswell just buy new disks too