Symphony problems regarding speakers cut off, help ?

Jac Parry

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Only recently my symphony has been playing up for no reason from what I can work out.

At low volume in cd and fm mode the speakers work fine but once the volume is increased (8 - 10 value) the speakers crackle a bit and turn off for a moment and on again in this fashion.

There is rattling sound coming from the rear subs but still not 100% what could be the cause of this problem

Does anybody know any ideas I could try ?

Audi a4 2005 2.0 tdi s-line b7

Thanks

If it's freezes, they I would say a faulty head unit, you could try remove it and resat the connectors at the back other than that it's a replacement HU. On the up side you could replace it with an RNS-E.

Thanks for the reply,

I took the head unit out and was a bit weary about the connections as I know with the re-coding, but is it safe to pull them out to check and obviously put them back in ?

Aslo after checking the amp and the sub for connections I realised that the amp would tick every time the audio would cut off, could the head unit still cause this ?

Also is the RNS-E an upgrade unit ?

The worst that could happen is the radio goes into safe mode, if that happens then you just need to enter the radio code, which is a 4 digit number, it should be with the documents that you have for the car. Sometimes the AMP does pop a little, the Radio still keeps the amp running for a few minutes after you lock the car, after that it will fully shutdown the radio & AMP.

Yes, it's Audi's navigation unit. With you having already having the double din symphony radio it's a very easy installation, and makes a nice upgrade to the car.

Here is an example install, just ignore the bit about removing the instrument cluster the GPS antenna can be put behind the glove box. Mod #2 Retrofitting RNS-E into my 2006 Audi A4 | Bento Box

I got NHN from this forum to do my RNS-E install, GPS bits and code it all to my display and I've never looked back.. a great upgrade, especially if your existing radio is broken (and it sounds like it is!)