Brake pad warning light reset?

mehtaman

Reaction score
Hi All,

Does anyone know if the brake pad warning light can be reset from the dashboard or if it needs to be done over VAGCOM?

I had my tyres changes a couple of weeks back and then a few days later I ended up with an intermittant brake warning light on the DIS. It goes if I turn the engine off for a while and then randomly comes back again.

Since having the tyres changed I have had my car serviced / MOT'ed and the garage said it all looks fine.
Again the light was off for a few days but ended up warning me again about the brake pads soon after.

Its getting a little annoying now, if there is a button combo that I can run on the Dashboard to reset the light I would be very greatful.

Thanks
:)

Check the plug that comes from the pads, they might have knocked it and loosened the connection.
Worth checking and won't cost you anything.

Mines been doing the same......turn the ignition off and it disappears for days, then will just come back on again, pads are fine!

Check the connectors behind the wheel for damp. Had this issue with mine and turned out one had moisture inside. Sprayed it with cleaner and then blew dry with airline. Problem gone, this was 2 months ago and light hasn't come on again.

Check the connectors behind the wheel for damp. Had this issue with mine and turned out one had moisture inside. Sprayed it with cleaner and then blew dry with airline. Problem gone, this was 2 months ago and light hasn't come on again.

Getting this problem with mine quite randomly. What cleaner if you don't mind me asking? I'm assuming some sort of electrical contact cleaner.

Cheers, Az.

I did a brief search online and had a little read of this article: How to clean electrical connections and contacts
I had a quick browse for electrical contact cleaners and spotted a couple on amazon here, can't say how good or bad they are.

My warning light has been really intermittent and it cleared this weekend, which leads me to think its water related as the weather has been dry.
Visually the connectors look fine, I may give the hair dryer solution a go and just warm the connectors up a little to dry them internally.

Had my rear pads changed last week and now the brake pads warning light comes on, when the garage fitted the pads they did say they had issues with sensor.brakeing is fine but the warning light comes on . Have gone back and the issue is with plug connection ie new plug to old plug and corrosion to the pins within the plug.simple fix would be is to hard wire the two leads to miss out the plug issue.

hopefully this solve the pad warning light issue,

cheers

Had my rear pads changed last week and now the brake pads warning light comes on, when the garage fitted the pads they did say they had issues with sensor.brakeing is fine but the warning light comes on . Have gone back and the issue is with plug connection ie new plug to old plug and corrosion to the pins within the plug.simple fix would be is to hard wire the two leads to miss out the plug issue.
Rear pads don't have sensors
hopefully this solve the pad warning light issue,

cheers

Rear pads don't have sensors

Reactions: 45bvtc