jUSt fitted H&R and perch plate, question though

schmergal

Reaction score
Just today fiited H&R and front perch plates, car looks shweet (photos to follow) but camber seems very severe at front and steering feels weird, normal or not?

Correct me if I'm wrong but wheel spacers shouldn't affect the geometry as essentially you're only changing the offset of the wheel (bit like fitting new wheels).

ur prob correct but just incase, is there a camber adjustment?

not on the front

well then im ****ed cuz the camber on the front is severe, almost undriveable, maybe ive done summit wrong?

sounds like it
iv seen them fitted a few times b4 and after tracking and there not that bad to be honest
have you got a pic ?

sorry still no pics as on 12 hour shifts and dont see daylight, had a look at car earlier and the toe is also severe, both wheels pointing in at front as well as camber in at top, ive had to park it up for now until i get to the bottom of it, any suspension experts on here? going to contact the control arm supplier and double check i was sent the correct parts, pure bummer1

You'll need to get the geometry done in order for the car to drive properly, lowering it will put it right out of tolerances. More often than not, when severely lowering a car, you will need camber top mounts to go with it. But as i have no idea what you've fitted, how low your car is or whether you've done it properly, it will be difficult to diagnose.

You'll need to get the geometry done in order for the car to drive properly, lowering it will put it right out of tolerances. More often than not, when severely lowering a car, you will need camber top mounts to go with it. But as i have no idea what you've fitted, how low your car is or whether you've done it properly, it will be difficult to diagnose.

Quite sure he's aware of that but think camber top mounts are a bit extreme for 35mm lowering springs and B5 perches. Considering the amount of people who run identical set ups with no problems the issue is more likely to be with the replacement upper arms?

I did yeh, just got it back yest, upper front control arms shorter so was pulling toe and camber in, got off ebay in 1 of those kits so need to get onto them now to get replacement, just put old 1`s back in, height also raised slightly again at front so sitting perfect.

Im liking the ride now to, apart from going over speed bumps the general ride is improved, getting a wash 2moro so will add photos, wheel spacers next, cheers for the help to all above.

She also got debadged and cupra splitter