My cheap-o Honeycomb Grill arrived. few questions

supanova

A3 2.0 TDI SE
Reaction score
Coleraine, Coleraine, United Kingdom, United Kingd
So my grill arrived after I ordered it from FK Automotive, came from germany and i am pretty pleased with the quality of it saying that it did only cost me a total of 28 pound to get it to me.

my only questions are that on either side of where the number plate should go there is a round hole on either side. and it doesnt seem like i can unclip my silver surround from my old grill and place it onto this one as it doesnt have any gaps to where the surround would clip into place.

:::see photos below:::

309okns.jpg

257gbh0.jpg

166ni4x.jpg

2s1r4n6.jpg

I think you got the grill for front parking censor cars mate i guess thats what the hoes are for and im not sure about numberplate holder as i have not got round to fitting mine yet

I agree with Southylad. Those holes are in exactly the same position as the parking sensors on my OEM grille.

^^^^^^^^what they said about parking sensors, as for the silver surround it looks like you don't need to fit it as its built in but blacked out(maybe???)

Lol typical me then. Haha whoops. Wonder if I can buy caps or plugs to replace the holes? To be honest I just bought the first grill that popped up, for all we know, I've just bought a grill for an A1 or something daft. Time will tell.

Does the finish to the surround look like it needs the chrome part fitting

Does the finish to the surround look like it needs the chrome part fitting
no mate its all black so no chrome on trim just needs the rings added.

should be fitting mine next weekend

Lol typical me then. Haha whoops. Wonder if I can buy caps or plugs to replace the holes? To be honest I just bought the first grill that popped up, for all we know, I've just bought a grill for an A1 or something daft. Time will tell.

Might as well retro-fit some parking sensors!

you should have got caps with it to cover the holes

top job mate, looks spot on. good fit then. look forward to doing mine next weekend

looks good i just dont like the bar through the rings
the above have got holes in the bottom for drl's

cheers guys. NOZ, not too sure if it will fit the s-line but it definately fits my standard A4 Avant 07. id just double check before you buy. I have for sale the genuine OEM rs4 grill that will fit the sS-line, id didnt fit my A4 which isnt the s-line so I;m selling it instead.

Cheers for looking

how much for the oem rs4 ?
and to the qyestion above the se as in the picture will NOT fit the s-line bumper