Looking to buy a A4 B7 Cab 2.0 T FSI Petrol - Anything I should look out for?

RJ44

Reaction score
Hiya,

Loving the forum, just in the process in selling my 55 plate Audi A3 and looking to buy a A4 B7 Cab... 2.0 T FSI Petrol

Im going to be doing some serious modding, but tasteful subtle mods... probably mostly engine...

Any feedback on the Lump? Anything I should look out for when buying in general? Oil leaks or engine problems? Or anything else I should know?

Any help much appreciated!!

Thanks... RJ

Hi RJ. I would strongly recommend looking for a special edition 2.0tfsi it already has 220 bhp and with the proper engine mods can easily go 300bhp+:superman:

Hi RJ. I would strongly recommend looking for a special edition 2.0tfsi it already has 220 bhp and with the proper engine mods can easily go 300bhp+:superman:

Did they do it in the cab? Does it have a name or is it just called a 'special edition', thanks for the info! So does the spec edition take it from 197bhp to 220?

Check if Cambelt has been changed. It is recommended you change it every 75k miles or 5 years and cost is approx £400 to £500 even £600 depending on where you go. (Top price is Audi Dealership)

but the normal 200hp Tfsi can make 300+ with the right mods

Ive got a 2.0tfsi convertible final edition.

Go for the final edition as most of them are fully loaded e.g. heated seats/sat nav/parking sensors/bluetooth/cruise/mfsw etc etc.

As for the special edition - they never did them in the convertible, also get a quattro!!! I hate my fwd after driving my brothers rs4. From what I know the special edition (220bhp) just had a different map from manufacturers therefore as the guys before me have said - with the right mods it can reach 300bhp+ as its the same engine.

Also if your buying a multitronic - make sure its not shagged, or got the common faults - make sure the gearbox has had an oil change at its set intervals.

Hope that helps.

Gov

I'll second the Quattro. Everything else can be fixed/retrofitted ;) I wouldn't discard the 3.0tdi as they are superb engines. I love the 2.0tfsi though.

Thats awesome guys.. Many thanks! I have been watching the market for a few weeks now and never seen a 'final edition' come up, they must be quite rare! But heated seats sounds awesome, I was going to get some fitted but aftermarket fitment cost an absolute bomb!! Was there any restrictions to the colour of the final editions, its just I have my heart set on getting a A4 Cab in Akoya Silver as I just love the colour...

Thanks for all your help!!!

Thanks mate, But it has to be the petrol turbo...And I think its over priced... but many thanks for looking...My eyes are all over ebay, piston heads, auto trader.... Im sure one will come up...