A4 on its way to meeee

spannah

Reaction score
Hi All,

So after owning an A3 8L and an A2 i have decided to go for the A4 saloon. Not sure if i have made the mistake in purchasing a 1.8T petrol over a 2.0 TDI for fuel economy.

I only drive about 6 miles a day so i dont think i should be really affected by costs.

The car i have gone
  • 56k mileage
  • 1.8T Auto
  • Full Audi Service History
  • 1 owner from new
  • Completely stock
i am already thinking about modifying the stock stance of the car by putting on the BBS Audi wheels that come with the A3's but not sure if the fitment is the same? I also want to lower it by 40mm but not sure what the best springs are to go for. I would normally go for Eibach but what do everyone else use on here. Man i miss modifying from coming from an A2.

I am basically after this look http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x353/stuibaby/IMAG0486.jpg STUIWHITE's car

I will get Pics up as soon as i get it.

Last edited:
B7 A4 fitment is 5x112

Eibach are an option, as are H&R, not sure if anyone has ever been able to identify any great difference between them? Coilovers are another option, DPM sell JOM coilovers which seem to get good reviews for the money. Depends how much you want to spend and how low you wana go!

Oh, and there are various combos of 30mm, 40/50mm, 45mm springs out there.

Also you can get B5 preches, they are what the front suspension sits on, and that lowers the front end by about 25mm or so I believe (can't remember for sure if it's 15mm or 1.5", something like that anyway)

Also, RS4 RARB is £100 incredibly well spent for improvement in handling with no loss of ride comfort.

Welcome to the B7 club!

Thanks for the response JJ
I only want to lower it by 40mm nothing drastic just a good stance.

One thing that worries me about these cars is all the negative things i hear about the gearbox failing and how its a common fault with the audi a3s and a4s. I hear that Audi know its a common fault but did not do a recall and its down to the consumer to fork out the expense. Is this true? What are the actual issues and does it affect auto transmissions?