Oil pump chain failure

Juvejen

Reaction score
Have a 2005 A4 s-line B7 model. The car has covered only 53500 miles from new. Timing belt and water pump changed in Audi at 36000 miles. Last week the car cut out on me and after inspection from Audi they said that oil pump chain had snapped and caused engine to seize-estimated cost for replacement engine and fitting is £7500!!! I challenged this and they offered to pay half (£3750) with me paying other half. They say they have no record of a fault as there is no work being carried out at the dealership-is it any wonder at these prices??? I can't believe the amount of cars around the same mileage and same model have all failed yet Audi deny its a problem. I now own a worthless but otherwise immaculate,fully services A4 s-line. Will never buy an Audi again due to this!!!

Welcome to the forum.

This is hard news for you mate, sorry to hear, personally I would gather research on the issue, others identical issue & then goto audi uk with this, as its a very hard pill to swallow, really is.

In meantime also search for a used engine to pre-empt audi telling you no.

2 litre turbo diesel S-line,same as all the others. No warning at all,just a bang and damage was done!

I think what he means is, what engine code is it? is it a BLB, BRE etc etc, it should tell you in the owners manual

its going to be a blb engine at that mileage. They have no record of the fault but yet it is on there system and new revised parts are avalible?

quite shocking really but its no better with BMW the 320d swirl flaps are a common fault, they snap and fall into the cylinders and bang you need a engine.

but the common faults on any diesel are EGR valves, DPF, Turbo's so really it works out the same as driving a petrol I think personally