Rear LED's from FK

prel2000

Reaction score
Bought a set of rear LED's for my Avant (link below) and after attempting to fit them today I noticed the right inner light cluster (attached to the boot) lights up for a few seconds and then goes out which then reports a warning light in the dash.

Both the outer clusters were fitted and worked fine, then I fitted the right inner cluster and then tested lights again and the above happened. Should I have also fitted the left LED inner cluster or will that not have made a difference to the results. The original one on the left was still plugged in.

Any one else had similar issue?

Thanks in advance.

Tuning FK Automotive | LED Taillights fit for Audi A4 Avant (Typ 8E) Yr. 04-08, red/clear | purchase online

Wouldn't have thought made any difference, my positives and negatives were wired incorrectly on mine? Unplug the inner on one side and see if the other works?

Just had another attempt at these and it seems that when the engine is running they are fine, the LED's stay on and no errors reported on the dash. However if I turn the engine off but leave the keys in the ignition at the accessory position the inner cluster LED's flicker and turn off and report error in dash. Yet if I leave the lights running and take the key out of the ignition they stay on, no flicker or error. Its a strange one!

Anyway, at least they are working! I cant think of a scenario where I will need my lights without the engine running.

[Just to add to the above that the errors clear after turning off ignition and starting the car again]

I do have the auto lights feature which also has the walk home function so the lights come on when I lock/unlock the car when its dark so maybe the issue has something to do with that! Although I am hoping I have no problems with that feature. I guess I wont find out until it gets dark a little later.

Thanks for the suggestion Whopper.

Last edited:
Well mine had an issue only once, all working fine, turned car off (lights still on) went and got my kebab. Come back out and inners had gone out. Turned them off started the car and they were fine and have been ever since.

Dont ask how or why mind you!

Have you tried that scenario again...turn car off with lights still on and seen if the inners go out again?

If this is the case then its exactly what I am experiencing and must be the way they work..

Never had a problem with them again, although paranoid so i do check but they are fine?

Check to see if there's any coding for cold diagnosis for those lights, if so then decode it as this is whats causing this as its basically a system check on bulbs with a very low load to check for a circuit, hence the flickering only.