any ideas on what this switch does

Brian1976

Reaction score
Switch2006 S4 Cab

My EPC light came on today a constant yellow so as I've only had the car a month i'm fearing the worst, as i was sitting in the car staring intently at the yellow light hoping it would switch off i noticed this button in the cubby hole by the drivers door, as it's red I wanted to press it but i have no idea what it does, so leaving it well alone. Any thoughts welcome.

Also does anyone have a VAGcom near Kew if so i'll buy you a pint if you can tell me whats wrong with my car before i take it to Audi West London

A mate of mine bought a second hand ST220 a few years ago and found a similar button hidden below his dash, after having a good look around the outside of the car I noticed an IR type sensor window cut into the lower grill, just visible under his front numberplate ...It turns out a previous owner had fitted a scanner and the button under the dash activated\deactivated the system.

What's yours? ...I have no idea, but thought I'd plant a seed. :)

Sensor

Jsut found this at the front, so you could be right. i take it its redundant now but was it meant to find mobile speed cameras?

It'll probably be a radar scanner, so it'll still detect "somebody" trying to target your car with a mobile camera or laser gun, and it may scramble the signal long enough for you to slow down! it all really depends on the model you have.

Drive up any high street with it activated and you'll hear it beep at the shop door sensors if it works.

Have a look at Road Angel website to learn what they're capable of.

I'd pull it all out if I were you. If the police pulled you over and noticed this you could be taken to court and given a driving ban. Have a read on google at cases of people having radar blockers on their cars.

He didn't fit it & doesn't know what it does. i.e: Garage opener?

Besides, once you've slowed down, you switch it off.

Reactions: Brian1976
I have no intentions of using it, so i'm quite happy to claim ignorance which to be honest I still am, although I looked at the fuse box and its wired in to a fuse so i can just replace it. now i need to find somebody with a VCDS as the emission light is permanently orange/yellow and i don't know if i can drive the car. (had a Porsche for 7 years and no problems) but in fairness I have only owned this car for 1.5 months so I have no clue what i'm doing and the engine light is scaring me.

P.S. thanks Artimus for the help, now I know what it is I can avoid pushing that red button.

Reactions: Artimus