Lines on my steering wheel??

S4P4UL

Reaction score
I've got these lines on my steering wheel trim and I'm not sure if they are supposed to be there or not?! Pics off iPhone through tapatalk but you can see what I mean, are these normal?? Either side of the audi badge.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360795763440971

No they are not supposed to be there, I have a similiar mark on one side only, and it does my head in lol

what the hells happened??? i didnt think they would be but atleast they are even haha

Those lines are on the airbag part. Could work out costly to get rid unless you can dismantle and fix with wet and dry paper plus painting. How on earth did they get there?
It looks as if somebody has been sawing something across there with a hacksaw!

Those lines are on the airbag part. Could work out costly to get rid unless you can dismantle and fix with wet and dry paper plus painting. How on earth did they get there?
It looks as if somebody has been sawing something across there with a hacksaw!
I have no idea! To be honest, because they are so clean cut and even, until I'm parked next to the same car no one will know its not supposed to be there so I'll leave them there for the time being haha. A rs4 wheel maybe a option at some point so I'll hold out!!!

I have the same but only on one side (same as Mac). Think you need a new airbag cover and not a whole new steering wheel. Not sure how the airbag cover seperates from the airbag unit however.

I have the same but only on one side (same as Mac). Think you need a new airbag cover and not a whole new steering wheel. Not sure how the airbag cover seperates from the airbag unit however.
On other cars I've taken air bag out of its been torn or allen keys behind the wheel. But if I'm going to spend £15-20 on a air bag cover, I'd rather spend the extra on a rs4 wheel and then sell my MFSW! Win win!!!

i bet thats the weak point for the airbag and when someone has had a bit of road rage and banged the wheel to hard and shouted f ing r sole its exposed the weak point. i reckon.