1.8TQ Avant

Fordy

Reaction score
Hiya All
I'm looking at buying an '04 1.8TQ S-Line Avant in a couple of days & wondered if anyone has any usefull hints or suggestions of what to look out for or to be aware of? There's also a '55 plate 3.0TDI Quattro S-Line Avant in the same area for similar money, same questions again please. Any advice gratefully received, cheers :sos:

Depends....the 04 1.8T will be a B5 model....if I got my year's right?!!! The 3.0 diesel would be great fun but with high running costs. Both may be costly if something big goes wrong! Take your time there's 100's of good B7 A4's up for sale. Search the threads on the Forum, the question has been asked hundreds of times! haha Don't panic, do your homework and you'll bag yourself a good one!

Cheers
A

Last edited:
Ok, tyhanks for that. Definately want a B7 so will have to try and be a bit patient!

Hi Molnboman, Thanks for the link to Honest John, just had a read & now heading for AutoTrader! Keep your fingers crossed, Cheers

Good Man.....lastly and I know this is an emotive subject with some...but automatic gearboxes can sometimes cause severe issues on some models...alledgedly. Just wanted you to be aware....Keep us in the loop.
Cheers
A

Last edited:
That's good to know & actually makes life a little easier 'cause the wife has got a Mini Cooper S with 6sp box & would prefer the same in the Audi so that narrows the search and will please her, bonus!! :arco:

2004 is a B6 or early B7

yeah but iv had 2 B7's on late 2004

dec 17th this TDI was reg B7 54 plate

Hi, just a quick one to let you know I am now the proud owner of an A4 S-line Avant 2.0T Quattro. Ironically a 54reg B7! Thanks for the advice & knowledge.

Will do, went to Middlesex last Saturday from Devon to have a look & back up again this Saturday on the train to pick it up & enjoy the drive home. ****** long wk waiting, like a kid at Christmas, doing the wife's head in at the mo ha ha.