S4 cabriolet rattle when cornering

S4P4UL

Reaction score
as title, it sounds like a spray can rattle asif there is a spray can under the drivers seat/ rear footwell. not like a running gear fault.

is it just my car or is this common? its not loud, i just notice it then i cant stop hearing it

Could be a coin thats got under carpet & moving about, try moving seat up/down/back/forth see if it goes.

Could be a coin thats got under carpet & moving about, try moving seat up/down/back/forth see if it goes.
i put the seat all over looking i thought maybe a can of deicer was stuck but nothing, it sounds like a marble inside a metal pipe and as i move left or right it rolls either way and 'clinks' at either end, its a funny one!!

Sounds like coin moving side to side.

i bet someone has dropped a nut or screw when doing some work at some stage.
1. stop cornering
2. look for screw
3. just spray expanding foam in every orifice
easy way out is go for number 2....

its too smooth sounding to be a screw, or a coin to be honest its literally like a ball, you'd have to hear it to understand what i mean

ive just got a picture of the two soppy birds driving round the roundabout with a packet of maltesers on the dash..sorry

I had the same in my Cabriolet, it wasn't until I took the drivers seat out while swapping Bluetooth modules that I found £2 in coins that had been rattling about.

You won't be able to see them while the seat is in place.

They slip out of my left pocket and get stuck next to the seat rail.

I had the same in my Cabriolet, it wasn't until I took the drivers seat out while swapping Bluetooth modules that I found £2 in coins that had been rattling about.

You won't be able to see them while the seat is in place.

They slip out of my left pocket and get stuck next to the seat rail.
i put the seat as far forward and as high as possible and i banged with my hand the seat and it makes the noise like where my **** goes, but like its inside the cover or something its drivin me nuts now ive started to listen for it!! i need to update my music so i can turn it up loud and take advantage of the bose!!!!