Few problems on my S4 B7

ricostuart

Reaction score
Hi all

I have got an s4 which I bought last week and have a couple of issues that I hope you lot might be able to help with.

1. My parking sensors don't work. I put them on and can hear clicking in 3 out of 4 on the front, but none at the rear. Does anyone know the part number for the front? Will this stop the rear working at all?

2. The front drivers side electric window switch only does auto down and up (one touch). Are these switches serviceable or do I need to replace it?

3. The center arm rest catch is broken. I hear its very common, but not found anyone fixing theirs. Can the latch be ordered by part number?

4. The car was a farmers car for many years so it has the farmer car smell. What's the part number of the cabin air filter and intake filter?

Thanks very much guys. I have loads of plans for the car already as it is 100% stock. Definitely will keep you all up to date!

Also, I forgot to add, the boot doesn't seem to have the in the top, and no mesh in the sides either. Are these add-able? Does anyone know the part number for the boot cargo nets?

And lastly, are the speakers and sub worth upgrading on their own or will an amp be needed?

Thanks again guys!

3. The center arm rest catch is broken. I hear its very common, but not found anyone fixing theirs. Can the latch be ordered by part number?

4. The car was a farmers car for many years so it has the farmer car smell. What's the part number of the cabin air filter and intake filter?

Thanks very much guys. I have loads of plans for the car already as it is 100% stock. Definitely will keep you all up to date!

The armrest catch cant be repaired, you'll have to get a new lid, which arent cheap. You might be able to find one on ebay though. My catch has broken so i put in one of those magnetic catches you use on kitchen cabinets lol

I'm pretty sure the cabin filters are the same across the A4 B6/B7 range, euro car parts will be able to sort you one if you put in your reg.

The armrest catch cant be repaired, you'll have to get a new lid, which arent cheap. You might be able to find one on ebay though. My catch has broken so i put in one of those magnetic catches you use on kitchen cabinets lol

I'm pretty sure the cabin filters are the same across the A4 B6/B7 range, euro car parts will be able to sort you one if you put in your reg.

That is a fantastic idea! Going to steal that one!