blutooth or headunit change?

Rueda

Reaction score
im a newbie who has just bought an 07 A4 Avant 2.0 TFSI quattro s-line tip auto . it has a symphony 6 cd with internal changer , the speakers are bose and are powered from the rear amplifier rather than the head unit as the fitter for my parrot kit found out today . i want to be able to bluetooth my iphone through the speakers. can anyone help with a solution? even if it means getting a different head unit with bluetooth which one? Thanks in advance

Welcome to the site.

I have pm'd you :)

Hi,

I recently bought an A4 Avant and the stereo didn't work at all, it turned out that the pevious owner had used it as a money box as I found 5 coins inside when I took it out! Figured that rather than paying a costly repair bill I'd take the after market route and upgrade to add Bluetooth, DAB and iPod functionality. Looked at load of head units, both single and double DIN and opted for the Pioneer AVH-X3500DAB - a relatively new radio from late 2012 that had all of the above and more. Prices range from £330-370, depending on where you get it from and you can get facia kits and all the leads too. I used Car Audio Security, Car Audio & Security: Car Stereo, Speakers & Subwoofers, Car DVD Players, GPS and CD Changers and found them to be really helpful! Spoke to a guy called Dips who knew his stuff. The unit has inbuilt Parrot and works perfectly with my iPhone.

Their website isn't the best but there are loads of radios that will give Bluetooth and plenty of other features too, depends what you want and how much you want to spend. Hope that helps.

Simon

I'll admit that the quality isn't brilliant, but for phone calls it's more than adequate. For MP3 music it's not too bad, especially when on the motorway etc as the road noise reduces the impact of low quality sound on the ears.

Each time I want to use the phone on the move, I just plug it in, turn my phones bluetooth on, switch to the FM preset and you're done. The transmitter I have also works using the TP signal, so if you're connected etc and have traffic reports enabled the HU automatically swithces to the FM frequency of the transmitter when you receive an incomming call.

Think mine was £40 ish. But no wiring, and I've had it in my past 2 cars as well. Works ok with the roof down too surprisingly...

i am just going to use my tom tom for the phone calls and make up mp3 discs for music purposes its the cheaper option compared to upgrading the system.it was always going to be a ball ache to remedy becasuse everything runs off the a mk p in the rear of the car Thanks for all the comments

I'll admit that the quality isn't brilliant, but for phone calls it's more than adequate. For MP3 music it's not too bad, especially when on the motorway etc as the road noise reduces the impact of low quality sound on the ears.

Each time I want to use the phone on the move, I just plug it in, turn my phones bluetooth on, switch to the FM preset and you're done. The transmitter I have also works using the TP signal, so if you're connected etc and have traffic reports enabled the HU automatically swithces to the FM frequency of the transmitter when you receive an incomming call.

Think mine was £40 ish. But no wiring, and I've had it in my past 2 cars as well. Works ok with the roof down too surprisingly...

Yes but what if a conflicting station is on the same frequency, do you not get interference?

Yes but what if a conflicting station is on the same frequency, do you not get interference?

It's never happened to me? You just select a frequency which is right at the end of the scale (107.9). Plus you're in such close proximity to the antenna the signal from the transmitter is stronger than any radio waves being broadcast. No doubt if you buy one of the cheapo £5 transmitters from eBay the signal might be weaker and make this problem more prominant, but mine had been fine