Sky InsuranceEM Tuning
    Reverse Gear

Status

Head Unit Upgrade with Audi Bluetooth Phone Prep

Hi,
    I have a 2006 A4 Cab with the Concert head unit, Bose upgrade, steering wheel controls and audi bluetooth phone prep. I currently ise the CDC input for my iPOD.

I would like to upgrade the head unit to one with DAB. Has anybody tried upgrading and is it possible to integrate it with the phone kit (from what I can see of the wiring the Audi bluetooth system just mutes the stereo and has an audio input so the phone comes out over the speakers).

It seems possible to get wiring adapter kits for most head units so that the steering wheel buttons still work, but is there anything else i should be wary of?

One good thing - DAB units tend to come with their own antenna which looks to be easy to route to the top of the windscreen.

What I am after is a new headunit that still looks as OEM as possible. Any suggestions gratefully received.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Cjb
    Reverse Gear

Status
    If you are planning on using a I phone 5 or any I phone with the new iso6 or iso6.1 you may have a problem, Apple have changed their Bluetooth coding so if the kit you buy has not been upgraded to match the new coding it will not work properly. I am having my kit changed for a parrot one because they said it would work with I phone 5 but didn’t. Denison Definitely don’t work it’s the one in my car not sure about the rest but I assume they will have the same problem. This problem could have been addressed in the last 3 weeks since I got mine done but ask whoever is selling you the kit to be sure.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    The latest audi BT works perfectly with the I5 & IOS 6.

The audi bt has nf -/+. canbus hi/lo, power -/+ & mic, so unless the aftermarket can work with some of these connections & decipher, then it wont work.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK