A couple of questions about fitting lights!

S4P4UL

Reaction score
I'm wanting to fit white LED strips under my doors, and mirrors, so when the door is unlocked and opened there is white under door lighting if you know what I mean?
Now I spotted a power feed under the door as there is already a standard light under the door. But for under the mirror, I'd have to drill a tiny hole and feed the wire up and in the mirror housing and into the door, is the nearest power feed going to be the same under door light? Also I've not checked yet, but do these work by the door being opened? Or do they work same as interior lights I.e when cars unlocked do they light automatically?
Cheers in advance!

I'm wanting to fit white LED strips under my doors, and mirrors, so when the door is unlocked and opened there is white under door lighting if you know what I mean?
Now I spotted a power feed under the door as there is already a standard light under the door. But for under the mirror, I'd have to drill a tiny hole and feed the wire up and in the mirror housing and into the door, is the nearest power feed going to be the same under door light? Also I've not checked yet, but do these work by the door being opened? Or do they work same as interior lights I.e when cars unlocked do they light automatically?
Cheers in advance!
i have them on my x5, they are called puddle lights. maybe if you search audi puddle lights you might find what your looking for

i have them on my x5, they are called puddle lights. maybe if you search audi puddle lights you might find what your looking for
My car already had the standard lights fitted under the door, I was wanting to upgrade the yellowy light to a white LED strip, I already have the LEDs because I was going to do this on my last car but never got round to it! I was just wondering what the power switch was from.

cant you spur off the lights that already there

cant you spur off the lights that already there
I have a 90cm light strip which would illuminate the whole length of the door rather than just a spot, I think it would look better and certainly brighter. If I was to remove the bulb, and take my feed from the pre existing light, I wanted to know how the power works, when I unlock my car, the interior lights come on, do the puddle lights light up too regardless of the door being open, if you know what I mean?

got ya. tell the truth not took to much notice, ive only had my b7 for 2 weeks at the mo.
im not the man to ask but im sure in the next few months of tinkering i might be able to shed some light (pun) sorry

got ya. tell the truth not took to much notice, ive only had my b7 for 2 weeks at the mo.
im not the man to ask but im sure in the next few months of tinkering i might be able to shed some light (pun) sorry
Same here, i only picked it up this time last week, haha, already making it mine!

Dont go to far with the lights you could end up like clarke griswold

T8ups on here does an led upgrade pack for the interior, puddle lights, footwells etc, very good price

they would come on when you open the door
you would have to wire wing mirror lights into the inside lights so they come on with door unlock.

they would come on when you open the door
you would have to wire wing mirror lights into the inside lights so they come on with door unlock.
do you know how big of a job this would be? im assuming A pillar trim off, then solder behind the interior lights and drill the mirror housing?