Drivers door rubbing slightly on wing at the bottom corner.

Gates

Reaction score
My drivers side door has started to rub on the wing just above the door fin, it's only just recently started to do it and just ever so slightly, but it's enough to have scraped a bit of paint off.

It hasn't had a bump so I'm guessing the door may have moved, does anyone have any ideas how to re-adjust it so it doesn't rub anymore?

thanks in advance

They're not brilliant pics as they're off my iPhone and its got dark, but you can just see above the door fin Nigel when you open the door it just rubs on the wing and has caused the paint to come off.

image-1.jpg

image.jpg

Oh I can see now, you'll have to have a look at the hinges tbh mate & see if they're loose at all even minimally, you'll need 2 of you ideally, I would use a trolley jack with towel or the like on bottom of door to hold door up whilst you work on the hinge to adjust.

Yeah that's what I was thinking, thanks Nigel will have try and have a look before work tomorrow, failing that it'll have to be next weekend when I get home again.

Hi there. mine is doing exactly the same. was hoping i could get some advice on how to sort it. Mine is just at the bottom, same as yours and now requires painting but dont want to get it done until the problem is sorted. Let me know how you get on and like wise i'll do the same.