57 Plate A4 Concertable : Boot warning light and lights not flashing when locking car

E

Evans94

Today I had a problem with the roof - (57 plate 3.0DTI Quattro) it stopped half way and was locked. I would not move manually at all. After about 15mins it decided to move on its own. The roof and hood was no longer locked and I was able to manully put the roof away.
However I still have a warning light saying the boot is not closed , even though it is and when locking the car using the central locking the lights do not flash once like they did before.

I will get the dealer to have a look at the roof but can anyone advise how to remove the warning light?

Cheers

Until the roof issue is resolved it will detect a roof issue, so thus wont disappear until it detects a fully working system, just let dealer resolve if you're taking it to them.

You may have an issue with the roof because of the boot lock/closed.

Theres a safe guard to stop a person opening the boot/roof if one of them is open (to stop them hitting each other obviously).

Try locking the boot with the key and operating the roof.

Thanks g12 & NHN for your feedback...

After reading a little more on the issue last night I sprayed some WD40 inside the boot catch and left it over night. Alarm still not on but did not go off in the night.
Drove the car this morning and no warning light appeared ! however when locking the car lights still did not come on and alarm not activated. After coming out of the shop the Alarm was going......
I decided to open boot and close it again. Locked the car and lights flashed and alarm activated (led flashing inside door)

It looks like the sensor / micro switch was not operating the boot led the roof to fail and the whole car gots its knickers in a twist !

Haven't tried roof again . Will wait until its a bit warmer.

I would strip boot lid & take lock apart, I suspect there's some corrosion in the connectors/microswitch you maybe able to clear.