Anyone know how to remove the driver side door lock

Wrath

Reaction score
I've nearly managed to get my rattling door mechanism out but one part escapes me. There is a metal wire/rod that attaches the door latch to the inside of the main door handle. It is held in place by a white plastic collar and at the bottom a yellow and black clip. It's a tight squeeze in there and I've tried to unclip the rod so I can pull the mechanism out with no joy.

Anyone done this or know how exactly the metal rod is held in place?

Anyone able to tell me the part number for the 8mm spline screws holding the latch in place as one of my needs replacing.

I sounds like same as the 8P, the clip just folds over the bar & stays closed against the rod, you just need to open the yellow clip & the rod usually just pops out & then can be manipulated/twisted out of the collar.

This is the mechanism, the ones I could find on ebay all seem attached with that clip. The rod has a screw thread inthis black clip so assume it screws in. Presumably the top comes out of the door handle white clip but can't figure out how. Grrrr.

Show me a pic of your mechanism with clip, so can see if its the same then can advise.

Just had a fight with my gf's camera, hopefully this is clear:

1.jpg

2.jpg

Attachments

• 20130203_125526.jpg
    20130203_125526.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 155
Yeap, same one, ok so lets say 3rd pic, you need to iirc pull the yellow clip on the left to the side, which then releases the black wrap over part, make sure you pull carefully the black part over to the right & this actually locates on the yellow part on the right to keep it there, then the bar will be free to pull forward & out.