Tyres

Vredenstein Ultrac Sessanta. A superb tyre. They knock spots off my previous Michelin PS2's!

Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas here, awesome in the wet and slush, wicked in the dry

Mixture of Michelin PS3 & Pirelli P Zero for summer & Continental TS830P for winter.

For summer when renewing I may buy Continental Premium Contact 5 or Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2

Is it really worth the 10mm difference between a 225 and a 235 for the extra cash?

wanling - the top dolla tyre company man, nah had to buy 4 new ones and was skint!

but to honest there quite good yano for what i paid

I'm getting a set of four in the next two weeks. £40 difference between a full set of Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta's (£132 each) and a full set of Vredestein Ultra Vorti's (£142 each). I prefer the tread pattern on the Vorti's and I'm also told they superceed the Sessanta's. Not many reviews on them online but they're rated higher from what I've read so far. Don't suppose anybody has had experience with these yet?

I've had a set of the 452s previously (admitted on a BM), but they weren't anywhere near as good as the Vreds in the wet. Tricky to compare in the dry as RWD vs quattro isn't really a fair comparison

Would you recommend them to others then? Ive used the F452's and was pretty happy with then

The thing about recommendations is that everyone has different ideas and expectations about tyres. Plus, I've not used the Vredesteins that others here speak very highly of, so I have no idea how the Falkens compare with them. All I can say is that the Falkens do everything I require of them very well indeed, way way better than the Continentals that were on the car when I bought it, and they are competitively priced

Reactions: AllyMc
Kuhmo KU39. Not bad at all.

Liked the Falken FK452s on my previous car (Leon Cupra). Hated Goodyear Eagle F1s. So as Jeff says, everyone has different ideas. :)

I'm getting a set of four in the next two weeks. £40 difference between a full set of Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta's (£132 each) and a full set of Vredestein Ultra Vorti's (£142 each). I prefer the tread pattern on the Vorti's and I'm also told they superceed the Sessanta's. Not many reviews on them online but they're rated higher from what I've read so far. Don't suppose anybody has had experience with these yet?

How did you get on with the Vorti's?

Conti Sport 5's.......lovely and probably the best tyre I have ever used in the wet....massive grip and very impressive...had to drive to Hamburg for them though! hahaha ...650 Euro for 4 including fitting and balancing....half the price they would have been in IKEA land too!

Good Luck
A

How did you get on with the Vorti's?

Done just over 2,000 miles on them @ 42psi and the grip (wet & dry) is absolutely phenomenal! However I must comment on road noise as they are louder than I expected (maybe I have high expectations). They are very quiet up to about 40mph, thereafter I get a kind of resonance up to about 80mph where it then either disappears or is covered by any wind noise generated. Perhaps it's something to do with the tyre pressures I'm running them at?

Overall a great all round tyre, just wish they were a bit quieter for motorway journeys. Although you can only ever hear it when you turn the radio off anyway.

I have got the Pirelli P Zeros on my Audi from Best4tyres.com. They are soft tyres so never seem to last the longest but they are epic performance tyres.

If i did less miles it would be Conti's every time, currently running the new Dunlop Sport Maxx GT's (235 18's) and they are good if a little hard until warmed up...

Goodyear Eagle Asymmetric 2 all round, very pleased so far. Smooth ride, good handling and quiet. Not too pricey at £143ea incl fitting. On a 3.0TDi Quattro S-Line.