Volks AutosAH Fabrications
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: New Grill arrived

Avantee

Status

New Grill arrived

Well this arrived Friday, picked up from FK for..... £8.64 +p&p. I know it's not OEM but for that price I thought is give it a go.
    We be a couple of weeks till fitting as probably changing headlights for DRL starlines, modding fog grills and fitting cupra splitter, so will do all in one go rather than take bumper off every weekend.

thoughts?
    Attached Images Attached Images

A4 Avant B7

LED Rear Lights - Mesh Grill - SLC Splittler - Ice White Fogs - Tints - Devil Eyes - Ambient lighting - LED interior

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status

New Grill arrived

£8.64????

Seriously?

Avantee

Status
    Yes mate, postage was £9!! Ordered some led rear lights for £143 too.

Grill has gone up slightly now £13.50.... Not alot you can buy for the audi that cheap and change the front so much!'

A4 Avant B7

LED Rear Lights - Mesh Grill - SLC Splittler - Ice White Fogs - Tints - Devil Eyes - Ambient lighting - LED interior

2nd Gear

Status

New Grill arrived

That's nuts!!!!

Let me know what the fit is like mate.

Dan

6th Gear

Status
    Post a link to the rear lights fella £143 sounds like a bargain
    A4 B8 (09) 2.0 TFSI (211)

Black Gloss RS4 style mesh grille, Black Gloss fog grilles, Black Gloss splitter trim, Ice White fogs, Tints, Black A8 boot rings, Black Badges, Dynamik boot spoiler, LED interior, LED number plate lights, Brushed steel vinyl wrapped interior.

Avantee

Status
    Here's the lights mate

Tuning FK Automotive | LED tail lights fit for Audi A4 B7 (8E) Avant Yr. 04-08, red / clear | purchase online

they are avant though.

and here's the grill.... Back at £8.64

Tuning FK Automotive | ABS Sport Grill for Audi A4 (8E) Yr. 04-07 with parking sensors | purchase online

I think I've got a discount code to save €5 if anyone wants to order anything, think there's another one to save 5% if you order over £50 too

A4 Avant B7

5th Gear

Status

New Grill arrived

Wow, got to be really poor for that price, but like you said though got to be worth a punt for £20...
    07 2.0T SLine SE V2 Quattro, Full Milltek with hi-flow sports cat, APR Stage 2+ 280BHP/325lb/ft, APR HPFP, K&N panel, S4 alloys, Spacers, Black Optics, Eibachs, RS4 grill and fogs, Fog tints, RS4 ARB, RS4 Gearstick, LCR splitter, Black Calipers, Drilled discs, Debadged, Colour DIS, Bose, Adaptive Xenons/DRL, Black/Silver Audi Exclusive leather, Audi Carbon inlays, carbon difuser/B pillars, RNS-E+/Bluetooth, Cruise, Int/ext light packs, Rain/light sensors, mudflaps, LED plate/side/boot/interior

Avantee

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by razza1 View Post
    Wow, got to be really poor for that price, but like you said though got to be worth a punt for £20...
    you mean quality poor or me poor.. haha

its all ABS plastic so very light, but the mesh seems sturdy enough, might only last 5 mins but for £20 i won't be too bothered

A4 Avant B7

1st Gear

Status
    is that a S line grill or a none s line grill ?

I ordered a grill from ebay a few months ago they sent it and it turned out to be a SE grill. I complained and I got a refund for the grill and they never wanted the grill back. so I have one of these grill's at home that cost me nothing but is useless to me.

also to be fair I paid £65 for the grill and to be honest the quality of the grill was spot on!

I ordered some rear led lamps from FK just

Thanks!

Avantee

Status
    It's SE mate, I'd seen them on eBay for stupid money and thought for £20 why not. I think it will look good with all the mods I've got planned.

you ordered same lights as ones above mate?

A4 Avant B7

1st Gear

Status
    I ordered (these are going to be fitted to a A4 S-Line Special edition Red B7 Saloon)
    Tuning FK Automotive | LED Taillights fit for Audi A4 Limo (Typ 8E) Yr. 04-07, red/clear | purchase online

I fitted these to my previous A4 (which my younger brother now owns)
    Tuning FK Automotive | LED tail lights fit for Audi A4 B7 (8E) sedanusine Yr. 04-07, red / black | purchase online

Avantee

Status
    Very nice mate..

Mine are on route so hopefully be here this week.

Got any pics of your old ones fitted.

A4 Avant B7

1st Gear

Status
    nope sadly not. I will get my brother to take some pics and I will post them up.

I am working on a DRL front head lamp mod similar to Fly DRL's by fly300kts but a DIY edition

current progress
    Custom headlights DRL (aka Flystrips?)

I wanted Fly DRL's but not at £400+ P&P to the US and back and + paypal fee's

I should be able to mod both head lamp for under £30

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Darren198712 View Post
    nope sadly not. I will get my brother to take some pics and I will post them up.

I am working on a DRL front head lamp mod similar to Fly DRL's by fly300kts but a DIY edition

current progress
    Custom headlights DRL (aka Flystrips?)

I wanted Fly DRL's but not at £400+ P&P to the US and back and + paypal fee's

I should be able to mod both head lamp for under £30

Looking forward to seeing this mod Darren, if it works out and looks good, please post a DIY fella
    A4 B8 (09) 2.0 TFSI (211)

Black Gloss RS4 style mesh grille, Black Gloss fog grilles, Black Gloss splitter trim, Ice White fogs, Tints, Black A8 boot rings, Black Badges, Dynamik boot spoiler, LED interior, LED number plate lights, Brushed steel vinyl wrapped interior.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Macdoon View Post
    Looking forward to seeing this mod Darren, if it works out and looks good, please post a DIY fella
    I will definatly post a DIY. its not as perfect as the Fly DRL's but to be honest I think they are just as good and you can't moan at £30 lol. I have a spare pair of head lamps to play with as my brother has the starline's on his A4 so I got his normal halogen lamps to play with. if this works out I will then proceed to do mine. I have Xenons on mine so its slightly different but the basics are the same.
    Macdoon likes this.

Avantee

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Darren198712 View Post
    I will definatly post a DIY. its not as perfect as the Fly DRL's but to be honest I think they are just as good and you can't moan at £30 lol. I have a spare pair of head lamps to play with as my brother has the starline's on his A4 so I got his normal halogen lamps to play with. if this works out I will then proceed to do mine. I have Xenons on mine so its slightly different but the basics are the same.
    look forward to seeing results on this mate.

Couldn't do me a favour and post some pics of your brothers starlines could u pal, they're next on the order list this month.

A4 Avant B7

1st Gear

Status
    star line on a a4 I could not get a better view but its on a night so I only had a torch

the led DRL strip is actually wired up to the side lights. I have modified by putting relays in the light box so you can leave side lights on and main beam on and when you switch off the ignition all the lights go out.

my new lights have arrived!

2nd Gear

Status
    Love the fronts hate the backs it's that black strip around them ruining it for me

3rd Gear

Status

Re: New Grill arrived

Quote Originally Posted by B7_FUR View Post
    Well this arrived Friday, picked up from FK for..... £8.64 +p&p. I know it's not OEM but for that price I thought is give it a go.
    We be a couple of weeks till fitting as probably changing headlights for DRL starlines, modding fog grills and fitting cupra splitter, so will do all in one go rather than take bumper off every weekend.

thoughts?
    What this code for the discount ??

Just check the sítě out looks great

Good prices as well thanks for info

Avantee

Status
    Cheers for pics mate, love the fronts. Afraid I have to agree with comment on new lights. Mine new rears arrived other day will be fitting Saturday.

Does DRL stay on with main beam, I thought the drl was the sidelight?

code for discount is 'deal5' has to be over £50

ends today though mate... Be quick. Let us know what you're ordering.

A4 Avant B7

2nd Gear

Status
    if anyone ha a spare b7 se grill going cheap let me know

Avantee

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by olethalb View Post
    if anyone ha a spare b7 se grill going cheap let me know
    all being well I should at the end of the month when I swop mine over mate. Won't have rings tho..

A4 Avant B7

2nd Gear

Status
    i only need the outer and backing to do an RS6 grill mod, i fitted debadged mesh type ebay grill to mine and it' all one piece so can't add the RS6 grill mesh

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AudiB7Jay View Post
    Love the fronts hate the backs it's that black strip around them ruining it for me
    I wanted to keep some black on the car as its a Audi A4 S-Line Special Edition so most of the chrome is black. I have black badges on the front and the back so I wanted a bit of black on the lights. each to there own to be honest.

Avantee

Status
    Totally agree mate be bloody boring if we all liked the same! Have to put some pics up in day light, with black badges I'm sure it all ties in well and looks smart.

A4 Avant B7

Avantee

Status
    Your bro's car got black grill too? Looks same colour as mine. Any pics of it on the forum mate, would love to see it in daylight as looks now how mine plans to look.. Ish!

A4 Avant B7

5th Gear

Status

New Grill arrived

Meant quality lol, not you being poor
    07 2.0T SLine SE V2 Quattro, Full Milltek with hi-flow sports cat, APR Stage 2+ 280BHP/325lb/ft, APR HPFP, K&N panel, S4 alloys, Spacers, Black Optics, Eibachs, RS4 grill and fogs, Fog tints, RS4 ARB, RS4 Gearstick, LCR splitter, Black Calipers, Drilled discs, Debadged, Colour DIS, Bose, Adaptive Xenons/DRL, Black/Silver Audi Exclusive leather, Audi Carbon inlays, carbon difuser/B pillars, RNS-E+/Bluetooth, Cruise, Int/ext light packs, Rain/light sensors, mudflaps, LED plate/side/boot/interior

Avantee

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by razza1 View Post
    Meant quality lol, not you being poor
    i know mate just pulling ya leg. Still yet to fit but quality feels ok, and the same grill sells on eBay for £65!!! Go figure.

A4 Avant B7

1st Gear

Status

Talking

Your bro's car got black grill too? Looks same colour as mine. Any pics of it on the forum mate, would love to see it in daylight as looks now how mine plans to look.. Ish!
    I will get him to take the pictures today and will them tonight.
    yeah the grill has been plasti-dipped. its not bad stuff but it starting to peel after 4 / 5 months :-(

he has a Cupra R splitter too

the colour of my brothers car is quartz grey

i know mate just pulling ya leg. Still yet to fit but quality feels ok, and the same grill sells on eBay for £65!!! Go figure.
    Tell me about it I ordered it a badgless and one with a badge and they both don't fit a s-line they only fit SE

but hey ho they were free :-D

Avantee

Status
    cheers mate, Cupra R splitter is also on the list so front pics would be bang on mate, when all parts are ordered i'm planning to fit them all in a weekend so front should change dramatically.

i've got an idea for plasti-dip too, on the SE the fogs are colour coded, i'd planned to plasti dip black to match the grill and look a bit more Sline. Do you remember how much your bro used on the grill I'm hoping 400ml will be enough for fog grills but not sure.

A4 Avant B7

1st Gear

Status
    400ml can is more then enough. light coats but 4-5 coats and leave over night to dry if possible.

Neutral

Status
    Here's the lights mate

Tuning FK Automotive | LED tail lights fit for Audi A4 B7 (8E) Avant Yr. 04-08, red / clear | purchase online

they are avant though.

and here's the grill.... Back at £8.64

Tuning FK Automotive | ABS Sport Grill for Audi A4 (8E) Yr. 04-07 with parking sensors | purchase online

I think I've got a discount code to save €5 if anyone wants to order anything, think there's another one to save 5% if you order over £50 too
    Hi Fella,

Any issues ordering from these guys...? I have read that some guys have had problems with their orders i.e. missing bits. A few others reported not receiving anything at all.
    I've seen a set of front and rear lights that I would really like to purchase but after reading some of the reviews online, I am slightly put off.
    Oh and would you happen to know if the headlights they do are for right hand drive vehicles, as it doesnt specify on their site?

Thanks .
    A4 2.0T FSI Avant S Line Quattro - Phantom Black

Avantee

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by prel2000 View Post
    Hi Fella,

Any issues ordering from these guys...? I have read that some guys have had problems with their orders i.e. missing bits. A few others reported not receiving anything at all.
    I've seen a set of front and rear lights that I would really like to purchase but after reading some of the reviews online, I am slightly put off.
    Oh and would you happen to know if the headlights they do are for right hand drive vehicles, as it doesnt specify on their site?

Thanks .

no issues what so ever mate, track parcel through DHL normally takes about 5 days. I ordered rear lights last Friday and they got to me Tuesday.

Not sure about the lights mate, which ones you looking at..

A4 Avant B7

Neutral

Status
    no issues what so ever mate, track parcel through DHL normally takes about 5 days. I ordered rear lights last Friday and they got to me Tuesday.

Not sure about the lights mate, which ones you looking at..
    Was looking to get the headlights as per link below.

Tuning FK Automotive | Headlight Daylight Set with daytime running lights suitable for Audi A4 (type 8E) yr. 04-08 black | purchase online

Apparently these are for LHD cars so wont be getting them but the taillights should be fine so will stick with FK for those.

I remembered a previous post about replacement lights and looked this up and got the answer to answer to my query.

Replacement lights - what to go for

2xcite do the same headlight for RHD cars which work out roughly 50 quid dearer but I rather pay the little extra to get the right ones.

Thanks for the advice on FK. The user in above post didnt have problems with delivery of his items from FK either but had a little hassle trying to arrange returns.
    A4 2.0T FSI Avant S Line Quattro - Phantom Black

1st Gear

Status
    not the best picture but here you go

Avantee

Status
    Nice mate, spot on with the lights works well with black badge.

A4 Avant B7

1st Gear

Status
    the numberplate surround is also black. so I though it looks ok as there is black on the rear and a load of chome that is black

Avantee

Status

only £6.76 now! for anyone interested

... and no i've not fitted mine yet!

A4 Avant B7

2nd Gear

Status

New Grill arrived

Shame they don't fit s-line bumpers!!!!

Avantee

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny-boy View Post
    Shame they don't fit s-line bumpers!!!!
    you Sline boys cant have everything ....

A4 Avant B7

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast